Home

Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #113
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Looks great Daiyoung! Yes I noticed when using your exact sliders your walks were far and away the best i've seen. My problem was what you just said...I got so annoyed "sweating" the wild pitch when someone was on base. Seemed to happen at important spots in the game too. I am annoyed my BB are not exactly where I want them but for me I think I can handle that better then the more frequent WP. That is just my personal preference though. For some reason my steal success rate seems off..Through 19 games they are 26-30 attempts. Any suggestions there? Or will it even out some? I am using 7 for Steal Freq.

One more thing, about the wind...I am liking where the powers numbersare with no wind so I am contemplating leaving it at 0 when I start my real franchise. What do you think? Appreciate it!
Steal success rate might have to come down a notch, although the overall numbers in my franchise aren't far off (75% success rate compared to 72% in MLB last season).

I'm staying at wind zero for now but I might go to wind 1 or 2 when I'm done testing, just for a bit of variety. The wind slider works really well, the winds at 1 or 2 will never be very strong.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #114
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
Steal success rate might have to come down a notch, although the overall numbers in my franchise aren't far off (75% success rate compared to 72% in MLB last season).

I'm staying at wind zero for now but I might go to wind 1 or 2 when I'm done testing, just for a bit of variety. The wind slider works really well, the winds at 1 or 2 will never be very strong.
Good to know you are having realistic success rate with your SB. You do have success rate at default right? If so, I'll leave mine alone as well and they should even out some for me.

Thought the exact thing with the wind..put it on 1 so each game will feel a "little" different. My only concern was if it was a sensitive slider I did not want to mess with it since I have not tinkered with it at all except on 0. Figured you had tested it out since you don't sleep
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #115
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

The stats look great so far DaiYoung. WP is a concern, but if this is the only way to get sufficient BB, maybe we have to live with it. The other concern is I'm not sure how erratic the pitcher becomes when I face CPU as a hitter. I haven't done that much so I'm not sure, but I don't necessarily like it when it's too easy to distinguish balls and strikes. Will have to see when I start RTTS...

HOWEVER, I may have a good (or bad depending on how you see it) news.

I think the pitcher strike frequency slider does have a very significant effect on BB and strike %, and I'm hopeful that this slider may the only one we need to use for adjusting BB without affecting WP/HBP and other stats substantially. Of course I've only done a couple games so far, but it's quite striking the amount of BB I'm seeing so far with the strike frequency set to zero (obviously to see the exaggerated effect).

I'll keep going and see if the trend continues. If you are concerned about having consistency too low, we now have another way I think. You might want to try it for yourself too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #116
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
The stats look great so far DaiYoung. WP is a concern, but if this is the only way to get sufficient BB, maybe we have to live with it. The other concern is I'm not sure how erratic the pitcher becomes when I face CPU as a hitter. I haven't done that much so I'm not sure, but I don't necessarily like it when it's too easy to distinguish balls and strikes. Will have to see when I start RTTS...

HOWEVER, I may have a good (or bad depending on how you see it) news.

I think the pitcher strike frequency slider does have a very significant effect on BB and strike %, and I'm hopeful that this slider may the only one we need to use for adjusting BB without affecting WP/HBP and other stats substantially. Of course I've only done a couple games so far, but it's quite striking the amount of BB I'm seeing so far with the strike frequency set to zero (obviously to see the exaggerated effect).

I'll keep going and see if the trend continues. If you are concerned about having consistency too low, we now have another way I think. You might want to try it for yourself too.
Oh that would definitely be good news. Increasing walks without raising the already inflated WP numbers would be great. I've not tried editing the catchers yet but my gut feeling is that even if I turn every catcher into Yadier Molina it won't make all that much difference to WP with Pitcher Consistency so low.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 21

I've looked but can't seem to find a working set you guys are using. Is it possible to post the cpu vs cpu slider set and then edit that post as things change?

Thanks,

C
Old 03-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will these work ok in Manage mode, or would that be different than CPU vs. CPU?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #119
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572
Will these work ok in Manage mode, or would that be different than CPU vs. CPU?
Yes they will work in MOM mode, that is all I play after testing

Capa,
Daiyoung and Ninjoid are the two main guys throwing out the sliders. Some of us are making a couple "small" tweaks and testing certain things for us all. So to answer your question there are more then 1 set, although most are similar. Mine are posted on the last page #101 reply. I just slightly moved a couple things to test

Last edited by tgreer; 03-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Yes they will work in MOM mode, that is all I play after testing

Capa,
Daiyoung and Ninjoid are the two main guys throwing out the sliders. Some of us are making a couple "small" tweaks and testing certain things for us all. So to answer your question there are more then 1 set, although most are similar. Mine are posted on the last page #101 reply. I just slightly moved a couple things to test
I thought so, thanks for the reply!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »