Home

Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #65
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Can you tell I'm anxious to get this right and start my MOM franchise? Let me know what I can do to help
I think I'm getting a decent feel for where the sliders should be at now. Try these:

Everything default (5) except:

CPU Power 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency 1
Fielding Errors 6
Baserunner Steal Freq 8
Wind 0

CPU Power is the tricky one because it is very sensitive. 3 probably isn't quite enough, 4 may be too much. Also, you will see too many WP with these sliders. That is probably something we will have to live with or edit catchers to solve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
I think I'm getting a decent feel for where the sliders should be at now. Try these:

CPU Power 4
Fielding Errors 6
Baserunner Steal Freq 8
Wind 0

CPU Power is the tricky one because it is very sensitive. 3 probably isn't quite enough, 4 may be too much. Also, you will see too many WP with these sliders. That is probably something we will have to live with or edit catchers to solve.
I know it doesn't matter much but don't forget:

Pitch Speed 10
Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Is that combined runs or per team? If it's combined you could possibly try and up the solid hits slider by 1 or 2 and see what gives. I know Dai has this slider at default so it may be worth upping it and see what happens.

As for walks - I'm not sure as I'm seeing quite a few and I think my settings are the same as Dai's in that respect. Upping the solid hits may help as more hits/runs may dent a pitcher's confidence and cause more walks - maybe? See what happens bud.

Hope that's ok with you. Must admit my testing is very limited now that I'm back to work...my main bulk will come on a weekend as I can't get too many games in on an evening.

See what happens with that Tgreer and let me know - thanks
Ninjoid, yes the 6.7 runs was per game. I should be able to get 10-15 games/day in to test. Going to try Power-1 & Pitch Cons. -4 for a good bit. Ill let u know man. Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung

CPU Power 4
Fielding Errors 6
Baserunner Steal Freq 8
Wind 0

Will try these for 30-50 games alternating AL and NL and let u know how it goes. Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #69
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

WHAT!!!!

The MoM King and I don't get an invite to this thread?!!!

Good job on the testing guys.
My .02....and it involves the E word. In my personal roster that I start my franchises with...the catcher blocking rate gets a pretty big boost to combat the WP situation.
I've stressed to SCEA that it's a bit overdone...hopefully they find a nice middle ground as they want to see it in the game.
Does editing make it perfect? I couldn't say for sure as I don't test it against MLB #s....it's just for my own preference to play/watch games.

Last year my boost was 10....I haven't checked it this year.
I'm going to try your sliders this year in place of doing that first.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
WHAT!!!!

The MoM King and I don't get an invite to this thread?!!!

Good job on the testing guys.
My .02....and it involves the E word. In my personal roster that I start my franchises with...the catcher blocking rate gets a pretty big boost to combat the WP situation.
I've stressed to SCEA that it's a bit overdone...hopefully they find a nice middle ground as they want to see it in the game.
Does editing make it perfect? I couldn't say for sure as I don't test it against MLB #s....it's just for my own preference to play/watch games.

Last year my boost was 10....I haven't checked it this year.
I'm going to try your sliders this year in place of doing that first.

M.K.
Knight165
Was wondering when u would pop in here!

Here is what I will be doing the next several days:

Play the same game (random, AL then NL) and same pitchers two games in a row. The 1st game will be default with the following exceptions:
Power -1
Solid Hits -2
Starter Stamina +1
Fld Error +1
SB Freq +3
Pitch Spd +5 (this will not effect anything)

2nd game will be default with the following exceptions:
Power-1
CPU Pitch Cons. -4
Fld Error +1
SB Freq +3
Pitch Spd +5

Wind will be at 0 for all games for test purposes

As you can see everything is the same except 1 set Solid Hits is -2 and the other has Pitch Con. -4

Solid Hits at -4 & Power at -1 seemed to give the AI offense fits. Hope moving the Solid Hits to -2 will help this. I'll update after 10 games on each setting (20 games total)

*credit goes to Ninjoid & Daiyoung for these, I'm just a tester*

Last edited by tgreer; 03-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #71
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Good to see you Knight (at last lol)....you're always welcome into the debate....interesting points you make about the WPs and catchers and what SCEA think...hopefully they can tone it down in a patch (we have posted it on the bugs forum, although it's more an observation than a "bug")

Onwards we go....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been playing games with each of these slider sets. I have give in up on WP, I now think it is going to have to be fixed with a patch. What I am dealing with now is HR's and general hitting/manufacturing of runs. If the power slider drops below 4 even power hitters seem to not be hitting HR's. With the power slider set at 4 below ave. power hitters seem to have a bunch of pop.

Ok now with the solid hit slider set at -4 the offense seems to be a touch week. I am more of a pitcher fan so this is not that big of a deal with me. Problem is I am even more of a realistic stat fan so I have not settled.

What I am playing with now for the next 10 games or so is power and solid hits at 3. First game is playing now. What I am hoping for is even with the power past what seems to be the threshold point at 3, that the solid hit slider with make up the little bit that seems to be killing power at 3. In turn I hope with solid hits at 3 the general hitting /manufacturing runs will improve.

I will let you know how it goes. By the way In the past I have not been involved in the slider discussions just waited for the best one to come out. This year while I wait for opening day and current rosters I have decided to jump in the frying pan lol. So if I am heading in the wrong direction please let me know I am new at testing sliders.

Cimm

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »