Home

Stat tracking spreadsheet and useful links

This is a discussion on Stat tracking spreadsheet and useful links within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Stat tracking spreadsheet and useful links

Quote:
Originally Posted by banthonyk85
Just not too sure on where to start. Do I put in each batter individually? What about when a team takes out their starting pitcher?
Each row is a separate game. You look at the box score at the end of the game, and the pitcher analysis at the end of the game and fill in the team totals. It is meant to track your performance as the person playing the entire game
Old 07-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #18
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I rekindled my love of The Show thanks to easing up on my strict full on sim attitude. I was adamant about using Timing hitting/Classic pitching but it really took my enjoyment out of the game and it become less fun the more I played. A friend got me to try zone hitting as well as pulse pitching and it's just increased my enjoyment 10 fold. Using Bobhead's great set of sliders with a few modifications took this game back into my good graces! We having amazing rosters and sliders out, it's a great time to start a franchise.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I made these spreadsheets to track both slider adjustments and franchise stats and updated it for MLB 14. Added some categories and cleaned things up.

If you are serious about getting a sim experience vs the CPU then it is important to try to achieve MLB averages over a good sample size. We often adjust sliders based on feel and many times our assumptions about a sport even one we are diehards for is wrong. Tracking your games with this spreadsheet you can then see how you stack up to real life and if something should be tuned, like foul frequency, stolen bases, amount of doubles, etc..
Old 06-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Thanks so much for this
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »