Home

Franchise Help

This is a discussion on Franchise Help within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Help

So Im mainly a football guy but I LOVE this game. The problem is I only play exhibition games because I dont know how run a franchise, correctly. I want to be able to do more than play a 162 games. I dont know how to manage my minor league players or my 40 man roster, which kinda ruins the experience for me.

Any tips on how to run a franchise indepth would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Help

Do you have specific questions? I mean, it's tough to give advice if I don't know what you're having trouble with.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry. I guess I want to know how to handle my minor league teams like when to promote players to AAA, AA, or to the Majors.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I guess you would promote/demote players based on performance and the needs of the big league club. There are a few rules to demoting and promoting players between the Majors and the minors. To send a player from the Major to the minors (regardless of level of minors), he must either have an "option" year or, if he doesn't have an option year, he would have to pass through outright waivers, during which time the other 29 teams have two days to place a claim on him. If he is claimed, that player is awarded to the claiming team with the worst record. You get no compensation.

To promote a player from the minors to the Majors, again regardless of level of minors, he must be on the 40-man roster. If he isn't on the 40-man, he must be added to it. If the 40-man roster is full, a player who is already on the 40-man roster must be removed from the 40-man roster. The player who is removed will pass through waivers, and can be claimed by the other 29 teams and you would get no compensation if claimed.

If you need any more help, just ask and I'll be glad to help you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »