Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #1681
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

So my 1st Baseman on the Nationals was just terrible, and it wasn't fun anymore. I decided to create a closer since so many suggest it on here.

What are the best ways to make your closer good on the game? I've never done it before so I definitely need some help. I have a cutter, a circle change, and a slider to start.

I was drafted by the white sox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #1682
Rookie

Also do you all use the view in pitching for RTTS where it's just like as if you're pitching in your franchise? Like from the normal view when you're a batter? That's what's on default for me. I don't mind it at all.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #1683
Rookie

Well I'm having success with my closer so far. In Birmingham I'm 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA. I gave up 2 runs in my first appearance and have been pretty much shut-down since. BTW this is in 10.1 innings pitched.

Still would like to know what attributes are best to focus on for closing.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #1684
Pro

Well, finally got my wish and was traded out of that hell-hole they call Toronto.
Was traded to Milwaukee. Roster looked pretty good but we failed to make the postseason yet again and I got no run support at all. Was selected to another all-star game though.

Ugh, just want a good team.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #1685
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
Well, finally got my wish and was traded out of that hell-hole they call Toronto.
Was traded to Milwaukee. Roster looked pretty good but we failed to make the postseason yet again and I got no run support at all. Was selected to another all-star game though.

Ugh, just want a good team.
Ha thats funny those are two of three teams I follow IRL and would want, Stop whining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #1686
Rookie

Well I was having a solid time in AA Birmingham. But mid-way through June I've had like 3 rough outings in a row and my ERA is up to 4.42.

Hopefully I can turn it around again soon.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #1687
Rookie

OVR: 2

My speedy CF RttS just came to a grinding halt and I'm not sure I'm gonna bother continuing. Past 2 advancement periods I've gotten power-hitter goals, so I only fulfilled 2, with the other 2 being not even close. For some reason the game now wants my 32-power speedy outfielder (99 speed, both BR, fielding and reaction) to turn into a power hitter. Now yet again I keep getting power goals. I keep not-saving and reloading the save file and every time I get a combination of "Increase LHP Power" AND "Increase RHP Power" along with "Hit at least 1 home run" (I have a 32 POWER RATING) or total bases goals. These same ones keep popping up. My previous advancement period I hit .340 or so but didn't even come close to the total bases goal even with a SLG over .420. This is ridiculous. For some reason I don't think the Texas Rangers threaten to bench Elvis Andrus if he doesn't hit for enough power.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #1688
Rookie

I'm a closer for giants but not seeing enough playing time because we had to go and get Johnny ventures they won't trade me idk wat I should do. I was the closer last yr then I failed one goal then they sent me down to AAA. So if anyone got an idea let me kno. And can u gt a contract from a different team in the offseason??? Plz comment and thanxs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »