Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #1697
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Just had a four SB game. And then another one so far in this one. That was quick! Dee Gordon is only four behind for the team lead though. He has 24.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #1698
MVP

OVR: 26

My baserunning sliders are at default-I didn't jack them up the way I did the hitting sliders. Interesting about the Strong Showing email-I've never seen it in RTTS. Started a pitcher and gave him 5 pitches early in the 1st season-4 seam, running fastball, knuckleball, changeup, and 12-6 curve-now all I have to do is improve those pitches.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #1699
Rookie

OVR: 2

There has been a big difference for me in batting right-handed and left-handed so far from the very beginning, so I think I'm going to drop batting right-handed against lefties. I noticed in my very first RttS that I actually liked batting lefty Vs. lefties because I could actually tell when a slider was coming more accurately. In AA and AAA batted much better left-handed, and after being closer to even in first year of MLB back to having a .100 difference in RHB and LHB average. I just get beat to easily with pitches inside from lefties. I have no clue why, but I'm always late against lefties and sliders and cutters just consistently beat me. I'm going to try the rest of this season as LHB only and see if I see the ball better.

Has anybody else tried switch hitting? How did you do?
Old 06-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #1700
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

How long did it take for you guys to get promoted to a AAA or MLB team?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #1701
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
How long did it take for you guys to get promoted to a AAA or MLB team?
I got promoted to AAA bench after one season then became everyday stater in late may. made it to the MLB after two more seasons of AAA ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #1702
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I just won the Cy Young award AND the MVP for the American League. Thought it was pretty cool but then noticed Adam Wainwright did the same thing in the National League. Are you guys seeing this happen or is this just a rare occurence that happened to happen in the same year?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #1703
Rookie

OVR: 0

almost done with my rookie year in the MLB I'm kinda bummed that I really didn't get to compete for Rookie of the Year because I got called up with just enough games and at bats to play to count as my rookie season but not enough to compare to other rookies. oh well. My final stats for my first year

55 games played, AVG. .340, 14 HR 38 RBI.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #1704
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Started a pitcher last week, a 4seam, Slurve, Circle-changer who got drafted by the Reds. Lights mostly in AA, added a Sinker and got traded mid season to the AA A's organization. Bumped to AAA and was helping them work to a playoff birth and about a week before the playoffs was bought out and purchased by the A's. 18 Years old and pitching in the MLB, not too shabby. Got a some cleanup/hold situations, some inning filling duties and 1 start after convincing the manager (went 7.1 1 run and he decides I should still come off the bench lol). A's missed the wildcard by like 10 or so games so got sent back to AAA. Signed a 4 yr 4,000,000ish contract (suprised when compared to what my fielder gets offered his first 2 years) and now I'm in spring training of year 2 and on the MLB bench hoping I don't get stuck in AAA too long since I'm their 6th best SP.

One thing though... I starting using rosters from the first/second week of June and why is Manny Ramirez playing LF? Did he not "retire" a while ago? Either way, I cringe when a ball is hit to LF lol.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-18-2011 at 03:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »