Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #2369
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

My bad, no idea why people were talking in here. I just saw RTTS and posted.. it was already bumped then. Sorry bro.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #2370
Rookie

Newbie RTTS 11 pitcher questions

Hi. Just finished my first year as a AA "walk on" pitcher in the Cleveland org. Moved into the rotation in May and pitched well (2.91 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 10+ K/9). But, it seemed that as I got "better" by training, some of my results got worse. So, even though I invested a lot, for example, in improvng my H/9, I seemed to give up more hits, not fewer, as the year went along. And it's not like I started grooving the ball or whatever.

Am I misunderstanding how training is supposed to work?

Also, it seems like there are a very disproportionate number of doubles hit off of me versus singles. Like, way too many. Is that me, or the game?

Thanks for any advice/info.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #2371
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I made a 1B, and got drafted by the Pirates. A month into AA I got traded to the Orioles and was placed in AAA a day after the trade. Two weeks later I got the call to start on the MLB squad. Through 200 AB and 55 games in the MLB I'm hitting .159 with 8 HR and 19 RBI with 75 SO; and this is after turning the difficulty from all-star to rookie! I'm hoping this is just because I'm 18 years old and my attributes haven't developed enough to hit MLB pitching, I was hitting very well in the minors on a higher difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #2372
Rookie

OVR: 0

It seems like the defense is terrible when I am pitching. Gave up a single that looked to me like a double play ball to 2nd.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #2373
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

What is wrong with the "caught stealing" on this game? It seems like it doesn't matter what your success rate is after the first green light message... It's like, after that, as soon as you get to 12 CS, you get it taken away again...

This is really missing me off because this, to me, is the best part of the game. Every year, I try to make a 4-5 tool player with speed as high as I can get it. Whenever I get on base (1st in the beginning, then 2nd once I gette hang of it) I can't wait to steal... And I'm not half bad, either... In the first half of the year, I got as bad as 18 for 27 on steals, which took the green light away... But as soon as he gave it back, I went on a tear, stealing 30 out of my next 32 attempts, even stealing 3rd at will (at least 10-12 times), getting up to 48 out 59, with 80/57/30 SPD/BRAB/BRA rating... And I get caught stealing second in a 6-2 ballgame in the 5th inning. I finish the game, see that I got lot of training points (for reaching 150+ hits--I'm still in my first year of AA at second... No luck, because the two teams I've been on don't want to call me up... I'm leading the league in hits, steals, triples, doubles, RBI, I'm 4th in BA, and have 8 HR) and I was excited to put it all on speed and BR to get to about 82 and 59... And the email is flashing....

No more green light until I raise my base running? To what!?!? I'm at 80% success!!! What the hell!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »