Home

Advanced Stats

This is a discussion on Advanced Stats within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:21 AM   #65
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Advanced Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat1973
Advanced metrics are rally only useful when one can compare them to the rest of the league.
That is a very good point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #66
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

I'd like to see Sony employ / work with some sabermetric types to really beef up the entire stats system. It wouldn't take a lot of work, just some more math in the source code. Most of the values needed are already part of the game, it just takes some extra calulations. If this were a PC game, I could only imagine the type of stats we'd be dealing with...it would be amazing.

Bottom line, the advance stats are better than the routine, everyday stats available. And the purchase price is only $1 USD, so you can't complain too much. You're only giving up a Starbucks coffee (or whatever you drink) for a day.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

how do I find stolen bases etc in franchise mode ? (past season) I think Iīm blind I canīt imagine that this isnīt in game ?
Nba:Raptors
Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #68
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
I'd like to see Sony employ / work with some sabermetric types to really beef up the entire stats system. It wouldn't take a lot of work, just some more math in the source code. Most of the values needed are already part of the game, it just takes some extra calulations. If this were a PC game, I could only imagine the type of stats we'd be dealing with...it would be amazing.

Bottom line, the advance stats are better than the routine, everyday stats available. And the purchase price is only $1 USD, so you can't complain too much. You're only giving up a Starbucks coffee (or whatever you drink) for a day.
Well I definitely missed the text that said you could only read these stats online, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them. Am I overestimating the ability for the PS3 to do baseball math? Or is this some type of security issue?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #69
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Well I definitely missed the text that said you could only read these stats online, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them. Am I overestimating the ability for the PS3 to do baseball math? Or is this some type of security issue?
I agree with you about the "having to be online". Its the same issue with the classic stadiums from last year. All that is for a different thread though...

As far as the baseball math comment, it has nothing to do with the PS3. Its a matter of adding the code with a few more visual displays. An extra few lines of code doing so math operations along with some new visuals for the stats display wouldn't take up to much memory. It all comes down to a matter of priorities, and this year, franchise was not high on the list. Who are the biggest stat gurus? Franchise players.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #70
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Is this just for your team in franchise mode, or can it be sorted throughout the league leaders etc.?
Old 04-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
same here!
hey i have glasses just like that.
but mine have a skull and crossbones on the frame between the eyes. lol

I'd say about 99 % of the baseballers on the Show forum dont know any of these. They just know the basics they see on tv, but baseball is a STAT game, they should really invest time into checking em out.
Really giving people credit there, aren't ya? Just because people don't post or eat, sleep, and drink The Show doesn't mean they aren't up to date on terms, references, and stats in baseball in general. I'm sure more than 1% of people that post in these forums are into fantasy baseball and those stats are more utilized there than you would think as well. But I'm sure by your account 99% of THOSE people don't know what those stats are or mean either. Stop drinking the kool-aid that is your mind. It makes you sound inferior to me and many others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #72
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

The bottom line is if the advanced stats add enough value to the product overall to promote purchases, they'd implement it. By selling the feature as an add-on SCEA might be testing if enough interests are there for future versions. They have a tough task of trying to seel essentially similar products year after year by incrementally adding values. Not sure advanced stats are one of them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »