Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #337
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
so let me get this straight. You'd rather have to comb through numerous threads to answer a question than to have it in one consolidated place? If you enjoy that and all the questions actually gets answered thats fine with me lol. Me, when I see a way to take something that is hard and make it much much easier I do it.
I simply addressed those two points from your previous post.
I don't believe I mentioned my preference, but since you asked:

I prefer to answer the few questions for which I have answers. It's easier for me to find these questions when they are sub-categorized versus combing through one huge thread with multiple topics. On OS, I have had experience with both situations.

I also prefer to completely understand a problem before assuming I have made something "easier".

Last edited by Woodweaver; 01-02-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #338
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Your New Default Camera View and Other Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
...Would you not thank a firefighter if s/he saved a kid from a burning house in a fire? Do you just dismiss it by saying it's his job and he's getting paid to do it? Being respectful is never a bad thing.

So dev teams put out fires now?

I swear man, some of the logic on these boards...

It's not a question of respect or disrespect, it's a question of information. Again, this is free feedback they are getting here, information that fifteen years ago they could only dream about getting, information that sheds invaluable light on the work they are doing...

Bowing down to them as if they are doing us a favor makes as much sense as being offended by something anonymous user #28543 has to say. Put on your big boy pants we're all equals here.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #339
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Heed your own advice if you wanna shoot your fingers off about "logic".

Nobody said "bow down" to them. They said show some respect and appreciation. Because they do the same for us in return.

Hell, this world would be much better off if people did not feel "entitled" to every little thing they think they are in life, and just showed common courtesy and respect to one another. But I will save the forum on a lesson of ethics.

Carry on however. Cause it is making it much easier to add people to ignore lists. Powerful tools are powerful.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-02-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #340
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble

It's not a question of respect or disrespect, it's a question of information. Again, this is free feedback we are getting here, information that fifteen years ago we could only dream about getting, information that sheds invaluable light into the work they are doing...
I fixed some things for you to show that it works both ways. Nobody is saying that you need to bow down to them. Just remember that they could just as easily stop posting while continuing to monitor the boards and get all the information they want. Showing courtesy goes a long ways, so just use respect when posting and don't take things for granted, that's all anyone is asking

Edit: EnigmaNemesis was able to get across what I wanted to say much better
Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #341
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:

It's not a question of respect or disrespect, it's a question of information. Again, this is free feedback they are getting here, information that fifteen years ago they could only dream about getting, information that sheds invaluable light on the work they are doing...

Bowing down to them as if they are doing us a favor makes as much sense as being offended by something anonymous user #28543 has to say. Put on your big boy pants we're all equals here.
I don't bow down to anyone, and I have as much pride and stubbornness as anyone else here. Bowing down isn't what I was talking about, and it's not what anyone expects. Respect and "bowing down" aren't the same thing.

But let me interject for a minute to respond to this "free feedback" argument you keep on making. Consider this. Making an account here is free, and there are no minimum posting activity requirements or anything. Posting here doesn't really aid their "feedback quest" very much, so it's not at all logical to assume they are here for their own benefit. If all an SCEA developer wanted was free feedback, Russell or anyone else could easily make a user account here, name it GermanTaco456 and simply act like they are a normal random user, and simply ask random questions, or even just read random topics.

I'm not saying you (plural... this post isn't exclusively directed towards the quoted post above) should sign your life away to Russell out of gratitude, I'm just saying you should call a duck what it is. They ARE doing us a favor by participating and answering questions, I'm merely suggesting that we acknowledge it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #342
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:

I think the point flew so far over your head it would be fruitless to try and explain.
This post borders on absurdity.
You have quite a warped view of how things work....how they are and how quickly they can be.
I know there are some on here that are trying pretty hard to ruin a good thing O.S. has going on with SCEA. That's a shame, but it's becoming obvious.
They do say "all good things......"
I'm thinking that pretty soon, we'll be back to just discussing this game amongst ourselves, just like the good old days.
That should be AWESOME!

(and if you think it's about kissin' a$$.....rather than just toning it down to just a common courtesy level.....you're proving my point on it being over your head.)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #343
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
That's it. I am probably gonna rename myself on here to GermanTaco456.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #344
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Except we aren't all equals here.

The developers have the extremely unique ability to offer insight, previews, and a wealth of other information that most people here covet.

Sure, they can gather useful information from us as well, but they don't necessarily have to give us anything in return for that particular resource. We'd be here discussing the game in detail, with or without them.

Take off your douchebag pants, and try to realize what is really going on here. They're trying to keep a open and constructive line of communication open with the fans of their product.

What do you do for a living spit_bubble? If you had a job that afforded you this level of communication with your customer base, wouldn't you want to be treated with a reasonable amount of respect? Especially, if you had been nothing but respectful, forthcoming, and even generous to those you were communicating with.. there's your logic.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 01-02-2012 at 10:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »