Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - PS Vita Action with Ramone Russell

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - PS Vita Action with Ramone Russell within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - PS Vita Action with Ramone Russell

Annoying, this is gonna cost me nearly $400.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #42
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Does anyone know how the Vita works when it comes to having a "standby" mode or whatever? So like, can I start a game when I have a ten minute break from work, go back to work and put it on standby, then go home three hours later and finish it without worry of having the battery die?

The one real problem here would seem to be that you actually have to finish the game you're playing in one sitting, or at least within the allotted time you have with your battery life.
Sorry to bump, but I wanted to re-ask this question in case anyone actually has any insight on this.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #43
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Sorry to bump, but I wanted to re-ask this question in case anyone actually has any insight on this.
Blzer, one review of the Vita I saw said games can be exited to the main Vita screen and restarted from the same spot unless you open certain apps.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Blzer, one review of the Vita I saw said games can be exited to the main Vita screen and restarted from the same spot unless you open certain apps.
Right, I know you can exit there. I'm just wondering if I can hibernate the thing without losing where I was in my game. Just as another example, say I wanted to start playing a game, but got tired by about the 4th inning and wanted to sleep for the night. Could I put it to sleep/on standby that night without having exited the game, wake it up the next morning, and be able to resume play without killing my battery?

As you see our problem, nine innings of baseball without in-game saves makes it kind of tough to manage exactly when you can play the thing. I can't just play ten minutes on and off and complete a game without fear of having my battery eventually die in between playing times, for instance.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #45
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Right, I know you can exit there. I'm just wondering if I can hibernate the thing without losing where I was in my game. Just as another example, say I wanted to start playing a game, but got tired by about the 4th inning and wanted to sleep for the night. Could I put it to sleep/on standby that night without having exited the game, wake it up the next morning, and be able to resume play without killing my battery?

As you see our problem, nine innings of baseball without in-game saves makes it kind of tough to manage exactly when you can play the thing. I can't just play ten minutes on and off and complete a game without fear of having my battery eventually die in between playing times, for instance.
Yeah I realized what you were saying after I responded. That's probably something we won't know til we try it. But hey, you and me are already getting it anyways!

Also, I do not know if this will imply for The Show but a source of mine said that on some games, 3G is necessary to get all the features of the game. He used an example, you walk into a video game store with your Vita and you download classic teams for NBA 2K. Simple example, but it was enough to make me pay 50 extra dollars and get the 3G bundle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:

I think you misunderstood. You CAN do an in-game save... you just can't take an in-game save and transfer it across the Cloud.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #47
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think you misunderstood. You CAN do an in-game save... you just can't take an in-game save and transfer it across the Cloud.
The only thing I don't like about the in-game save is that the pitcher/pitch confidence gets lost. Apparently this hasn't been fixed in 12, so if there is hibernation/suspend to RAM or something that might be better for some occasions.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Ah. Well, that question of mine about in-game saves wasn't ever answered in the Vita thread, so you can see where I was lost and confused.

Thank you, SLAB! Unfortunately that still won't seem to make the "pick up an play" so good for me when I'm going back and forth between something, but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »