Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is not from marketing.
The dev team had a plan in mind, in regards to what handheld gamers do and want when playing on a handheld device. They don't want to sit there for 1 1/2 hours with it to play one game, which is the "complaint" from people playing on PS3's...even with fast play on.
They specifically went this route for the game.
I can't believe there are conspiracy theories already popping up about the Vita.
I think it's legit to say....you guys are a little nuts.

M.K.
Knight165
conspiracy ? Never said that. If people don't go your way we're nuts.

Wow !
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #74
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
This is something I don't buy from marketing departement. If it would have been technically possible to do a full port of all features ( with some adapted I agree), they would have jumped on that opportunity. But they have technical hurdles, and I perfectly understand that. I don't have any problem with that, I'm sure they did a great job. Where I have a problem is since they're about to launch it in NA with in mind that they have a portable PS3, they will never admit that they dropped some features because of the hardware limitation. They're not that crazy. It's a marketing strategy alignement, I'm sure SCEA PR team have nothing to do with it.

My only concern with Vita versus MLB is: is the gap will be bigger next year as they will add more and more features on the PS3 ?

For sure I won't know until next year. So I am questionning myself now, should I take the risk and buy one or not. It's legit I think to not buy right away everything a marketing department is telling you, whatever the product is.
con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -cies.

Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

While "conspiracy" may be a bit over the top....collusion could be a better term.
What you are alluding to in the bolded sections....is certainly saying that there is a deliberate attempt to hide something or mislead the consumers(fraud) deliberately.

WOW yourself.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #75
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
There is no way the vita version would be quicker then the ps3 mlb 11' version of fastplay. That version did not have the intros or the batter walkup stat displays, which the vita has. Start a fastplay in 11' and compare to video. It is clear that the game will be a little longer unless you bypass the cutscreens.
You could be right.
I was just thinking I heard them saying it would be faster than fast play though.
I'm probably wrong though!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is not from marketing.
The dev team had a plan in mind, in regards to what handheld gamers do and want when playing on a handheld device. They don't want to sit there for 1 1/2 hours with it to play one game, which is the "complaint" from people playing on PS3's...even with fast play on.
They specifically went this route for the game.
I can't believe there are conspiracy theories already popping up about the Vita.
I think it's legit to say....you guys are a little nuts.

M.K.
Knight165
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #77
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.
I agree with this and when the opportunity arises to cast a vote on the availability of presentation modes, I will vote for (optional) full presentations.

Of course the devs are smart enough to do marketing research beforehand and their decisions must have been based on the (predicted) usage of Vita users. But there are use cases that might have gone out of their radar... in which case we just remind them that we want certain things......

And from what it looks like from the response here that there aren't many prospective the-Show buyers who would not want full presentation on Vita.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #78
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
There is no way the vita version would be quicker then the ps3 mlb 11' version of fastplay. That version did not have the intros or the batter walkup stat displays, which the vita has. Start a fastplay in 11' and compare to video. It is clear that the game will be a little longer unless you bypass the cutscreens.
I play a full game in approximately 45 minutes with Fast Play in '11. I'm anticipating the same amount of time for the Vita, although I remember seeing/hearing that a game can be completed in around 30 minutes.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #79
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Does the Vita version has Tru-Broadcast?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #80
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Does the Vita version has Tru-Broadcast?
No - fast play only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »