Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #113
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 12 The Show PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan.733
like the PS Vita game play, look and feel but is ADVANCED FAST PLAY the only presentation mode available? DO PS VIATA MLB 12'ers get REAL TIME presentation as well ?
Tru Broadcast has been ruled out but what about REAL TIME and R/T with replay?
I think the Advanced Fast Play is the only mode for Vita.

I just received Vita (yay), and I don't see why I do not want to use fuller presentation modes on this thing. The screen's absolutely beautiful, the sound very crisp. I understand it's a portable machine, but it's totally good enough for full blown gaming imo...

Well, wishlist!!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

I am trying to find out for sure. I herd the developer say there will not be a TRU broadcast presentation for the PS VITA version in the video and that they gave us the option for advance fast play to fast forward past cut scenes and replays however he never said anything about Adv. fast play being the only option on the game or anything about Real time which is neither broadcast or fast play. Personally I like the Real Time and would never play the game as broadcast R/T is just right.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #115
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan.733
I am trying to find out for sure. I herd the developer say there will not be a TRU broadcast presentation for the PS VITA version in the video and that they gave us the option for advance fast play to fast forward past cut scenes and replays however he never said anything about Adv. fast play being the only option on the game or anything about Real time which is neither broadcast or fast play. Personally I like the Real Time and would never play the game as broadcast R/T is just right.
Well I'm repeating what has been said elsewhere, but if you want somebody to confirm it yet again, you'll have to wait till the devs or the CD guys chime in... I hoped there were other presentation options available myself, but it doesn't seem to be the case for Vita.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #116
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
The advanced fast play is the only presentation option in the Vita, however, they do all the stat overlays etc in certain instances.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The advanced fast play is the only presentation option in the Vita, however, they do all the stat overlays etc in certain instances.
Since you have played it, can you tell me how long a game usually takes on the Vita?

35 minutes would be ideal for me as that's teh time I spend on a bus each morning and evening but I realize that might be a stretch considering it usually took me a little over an hour to play a game on PS3. I guess I can always start my game on teh bus ride to work, save in the middle and complete the game on the bus ride home.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #118
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Since you have played it, can you tell me how long a game usually takes on the Vita?

35 minutes would be ideal for me as that's teh time I spend on a bus each morning and evening but I realize that might be a stretch considering it usually took me a little over an hour to play a game on PS3. I guess I can always start my game on teh bus ride to work, save in the middle and complete the game on the bus ride home.
Thank you in-game saves
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #119
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:

The good news is that the Vita has an awesome, awesome standby feature. I would like to test out how long it lasts, but I think if you enter standby with 90% and have an entire day of work with a game on pause, you may not even see it go down to 70%. Again, I'll have to test this with a game (but with music it just doesn't seem to drain at all haha), but when it comes down to it, this battery is a beast in general.

And then, of course, you can always do the in-game save option.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #120
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:

If I had to guess, about 30 minutes average. Depending on your play style of course. Never set a timer when I was there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »