Home

MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #81
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 12 The Show - Vita Impressions Thread

Game is terrific. Servers are up but does anyone know how to download the online pass? I've put in my code, it is accepted and I have it on my download list but it says "cannot download using a PS Vita system.

Going to hook up to my PS3 and see what happens I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know presentation is lacking but does it show a batter's stats when he comes up? What about reliever stats when they come in? I'm kinda on the fence about buying this.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbrock7
I know presentation is lacking but does it show a batter's stats when he comes up? What about reliever stats when they come in? I'm kinda on the fence about buying this.
Yes to both. Walkups and pitcher entrances (both with stats) are in.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, I played a bit during lunch when I first got it, love it for what it represents, very smart design decision on SCEA's part to go with quickplay and Franchise transfer, the latter pretty much sold a Vita to me.

Let me preface all of this with the fact that I travel quite a bit for work, and I generally take my PS3 with me. So I've been waiting awhile for the Vita to come out to at least take up flight time and hopefully make it to where I don't feel the need to take my PS3, at least on short trips.

This game has accomplished those goals, here's a quick run down of early pros/cons:

Pros:
- I got a full game in about 35 minutes probably, of course I was swinging at too many pitches and I skipped the last outs of a couple of innings, but it served it's purpose there. I don't know why everyone wants drawn out presentations when it's a handheld.

- Graphics are solid, and the ball size is fine with me.

- Plays just like the PS3 version.

-Touchscreen performs well.

Cons:
-I had to use the Pitcher Close camera to be able to place my pitches in the right location, not sure if it's my eyes or what, but Broadcast is too far back from the strike zone to accurately place the cursor.

- The analog sticks, especially the left one can be a little tough to work with, analog pitching is pretty difficult but I seemed to be getting better by the end of the first game. Zone analog batting, which I really like on the PS3 version, is a bit difficult so far on the Vita, just because of the precision needed with the analog stick, I'll probably lower pitch speed on the Vita to compensate.

So with that said, I love the game, and can't wait to get home to play the PS3 version, well after work, and maybe some kiteboarding.

-Question: Once I start franchise, I'm guessing I can use one custom slider/settings level while on the PS3 (Custom 1 by default) and use a separate one on the Vita. I know they transfer, but I'm going to probably lower batting difficulty and change the cameras on the Vita.

Good Job SCEA!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

How is the hitting interface? Do you find it hard to judge pitches on such a small screen? Can someone post a video in the pics and vids thread so I can get a feel for hitting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
another thing i noticed on the vita version which I do not like is there is no option (or at least I have not found it) to use classic base running, which is what i use on the PS3
Yeah, me too. And I am scared to death to try and learn the new system because I know I will be beyond clumsy at it. I am curious however, about how the rear touchpad works with baserunning?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #87
Rookie

I've had the Vita version since Saturday (really like it) and picked up the PS3 version via Gamestop at midnight last night. LOVE what they have done with the PS3 version. But here is my question...

For those with both, does anyone get the sense that the PS3 version now does such a great job with the sound of the bat on the ball, physics, etc. that it REALLY feels like baseball but, for whatever reason, the Vita version has a "softball" feel to it. Over the weekend I kept feeling like something wasn't "right" about how it feels/sounds when you hit the ball. Then when I fired up the PS3 version last night it was like wow, a night and day difference.

Anyone else notice this?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
when will it be available in the ps store to download?
It will be available when the store updates later today I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »