Home

Less attribute info in pitchers' player cards?

This is a discussion on Less attribute info in pitchers' player cards? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Less attribute info in pitchers' player cards?

I just noticed that when you press triangle to bring up a "player card", they no longer seem to provide specific speed/control/break info about the guy's pitches. It looks as if it has all been consolidated into overall speed/control/break attributes instead of giving any information about his individual pitches. So now the only way to see that info is by going into Edit Player? That sucks. I wish they would've added an extra page to the player card in order to provide this information. Is Edit Player honestly the *only* way to access that info now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Less attribute info in pitchers' player cards?

I kinda wish that they would of actually made the player card a, well, a player "card", like a baseball card. I kinda looked forward to seeing the pictures that they use for players and whatnot (and while in DD mode, a lot of the cards are the same, HOWEVER, there are some that are different from last year, like Mark Trumbo and Mike Trout both have different pictures, its kinda like they decided halfway not to do the player cards like in years past. Well, Trout didn't even have one because he was added later in the year). But yeah, wouldn't be the first time they removed something fairly important to the player card (I remember in 10 they removed the players number from the card, which made it a bit difficult making sure that the players had the right numbers and whatnot).

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Eh, I always thought the old design of the cards was too clunky and required too much flipping and scrolling. I like the new design, but I'm disappointed that they left info out. There's plenty of leftover screen real estate for more info, so why not just use up more of the screen?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

I also noticed just now that the player cards don't show how many doubles and triples a player has. No idea why that was removed.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
I kinda wish that they would of actually made the player card a, well, a player "card", like a baseball card. I kinda looked forward to seeing the pictures that they use for players and whatnot (and while in DD mode, a lot of the cards are the same, HOWEVER, there are some that are different from last year, like Mark Trumbo and Mike Trout both have different pictures, its kinda like they decided halfway not to do the player cards like in years past. Well, Trout didn't even have one because he was added later in the year). But yeah, wouldn't be the first time they removed something fairly important to the player card (I remember in 10 they removed the players number from the card, which made it a bit difficult making sure that the players had the right numbers and whatnot).
what do you mean by that?
You mentioned the past years cards, which were shaped like a baseball card, that you 'flipped' over.
So did you have something else in mind?
I like the baseball card look as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Also...don't forget there is a STATISTICS page in franchise or season mode.
(I know it doesn't help in game...but there are tons of tracked stats for the season)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »