Home

RTTS Pre-game batting practice

This is a discussion on RTTS Pre-game batting practice within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS Pre-game batting practice

Does anyone know if batting practice before your games on RTTS does anything. Like if I skip it will my player be tight up at the plate or something.

I gotta say, when I play for a few hours I usually only want to do the very first batting cage (7 pitches) to get my eyes and fingers warmed up to my timing. After that I think it is a waste of time.....but I'm afraid to not do it because I don't know if it will cause my guy to suck in game.

I have enough issues as is.....only hitting .244 in AAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Rookie

ptbnl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: RTTS Pre-game batting practice

Nah, I think it's just for you to get your timing down (although I think in my case it does more harm than good).

As far as I know, it has no in-game effect if you skip it.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Sinner618's Arena

OVR: 0

I've asked about this same thing before, and got the same response: its practice for the user not the character...

Although, I feel it should have some kind of influence in some way. When I asked about it, I compared it to the warmup pitches... you get 8 pitches and as you throw those practice pitches, it increases the confidence of whatever pitch thrown..

I think in batting practice, if you jack 4 or 5 out in those 8 attempts, during that game perhaps you should get a small power boost when using power swing... if you use normal swing in practice and have 5 or 6 really crisp liners, the contact should get a +1 or whatever during the game... however, if you whiff at anything during practice, perhaps any bonuses are canceled, and if no bonuses are earned and you still whiff anything, ALL hitting in that game gets a small decrease...

Its a nice addition already as is, but I feel tying something to it involving the upcoming game, the same way a pitchers warmup does, would make it something not worth just skipping over after a few games...
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10

im supersticious so i always do the BP
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Itīs good that the option is there, for those who want to do batting practice before a game. For me, it destroys my already mediocre timing, because of the simple fact that you only get batting practice "meatballs", which simply isnīt the fact during the upcoming game !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

It helps me sometimes. I usually skip it but if I go into a slump I will do it then. It helps me get my timing back. Maybe it's in my head, but it helps me.

I do like Sinner618 idea though, that would make it more interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »