Home

MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

This is a discussion on MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #25
Rookie

IAHawks1903's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 - The Show: Franchise Playing Tips

How exactly does the 1/2 sim work where you only bat or pitch in regards to pitching changes in the NL? If I am only pitching, am I at the whim of the CPU whether I get pinch hit for? Are there other issues you have to work around?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I play one game, sim the next 10, repeat. In between, I'll play any games I just feel like playing (if I have a young gun called up from the minors for a spot start or something, a rivalry game, etc.). I also read over every box score for my team, and quite a few for other notable games.

Its enough to keep me heavily invested in my current season, while still allowing me to get through multiple seasons.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

I usually play about 15-25 games per season (important games, inter league, cool stadiums, rivalry games) and usually get thru 6-8 seasons
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
I wonder why this myth continues to persist all these years after 30 team control has been implemented. 30 team control simply allows you to go in and make adjustments if the CPU makes a decision you do not like, besides that the teams go on setting lineups, signing contracts, & making trades with the AI just as if you had 1 team control.
well count me as one of those that didnt realize that with 30 team control....but let me ask a stupid question or i guess an assumption based on what you said, then in the off season if you control all 30 teams will the cpu will attempt to sign free agents?

Thanks!!
Go Vikes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscbears99
well count me as one of those that didnt realize that with 30 team control....but let me ask a stupid question or i guess an assumption based on what you said, then in the off season if you control all 30 teams will the cpu will attempt to sign free agents?

Thanks!!
Yes, because when you set it up for 30 team control, you choose which profile controls each team.

For example, when I play, I make sure the team I am using is set to Profile 1...Then all other 29 teams, its set for Profile 2.

You then go into the options/settings for Profile 2, and it gives you a list of topics such as "Trades/Training/Free Agents/etc etc" you can then set those to Manual or Auto...If set to Auto, the CPU controls it.

Then, if you are worried about ridiculous trades, go to the transactions screen and look at Offered Trades (or something like that) after each day, and scroll through all the teams. If you see a trade you don't think a team would make in real-life, you can automatically veto the trade.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusie
Yes, because when you set it up for 30 team control, you choose which profile controls each team.

For example, when I play, I make sure the team I am using is set to Profile 1...Then all other 29 teams, its set for Profile 2.

You then go into the options/settings for Profile 2, and it gives you a list of topics such as "Trades/Training/Free Agents/etc etc" you can then set those to Manual or Auto...If set to Auto, the CPU controls it.

Then, if you are worried about ridiculous trades, go to the transactions screen and look at Offered Trades (or something like that) after each day, and scroll through all the teams. If you see a trade you don't think a team would make in real-life, you can automatically veto the trade.
wow great thank you I would have never thought to do that.
Go Vikes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
wow great thank you I would have never thought to do that.
umm can anyone advise how you create a second profile? Sorry I am an "old" video gamer I am not up to date with all this stuff

Thanks
Go Vikes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
umm can anyone advise how you create a second profile? Sorry I am an "old" video gamer I am not up to date with all this stuff

Thanks
forget it stupid me figured it out.......btw this site has some good info on the 30 team control

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4tU/edit?pli=1
Go Vikes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »