Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #25
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
LoL that's BS, the best team won plain and simple. They were playing the best baseball and as a result won the World Series.
That would be the case for the 1986 World series champion Mets. We were the best team fair and square.. But as a result of luck we won in that series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #26

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Surprised to see Cards and especially Red Sox so high up.

Red Sox didn't make that many offseason moves did they? They finished last year below .500 and end up a top team in the game?

I wonder what factors went into defense ratings, cause the Jays(who are ranked 26th in defense in this game) finished 11th in 2012 in team fielding%, and that was obviously before addition of guys like Jose Reyes and gold glove winner in Buehrle.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems about right but how is the team that won the world series without many changes ranked 17th overall.? Yankees should be much lower.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
LoL that's BS, the best team won plain and simple. They were playing the best baseball and as a result won the World Series.
Yep they played the best baseball when it counted but are still nowhere near the best overall team which is what the ratings factor in
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #29
Rookie

Chrisjohnson83, you're 1 in 2 million whose wish has come true...similar odds to winning the jackpot on a scratch off lottery ticket...if i had to choose between the two I'd choose getting The Show 2 weeks early!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #30
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Idk why everyone is so worked up these ratings are from Jan. 24th. Pretty sure when the first roster update drops on the 5th most of these will change. Got to remember too the rosters were locked as of Jan. 28th too so keep that in mind.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #31
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Surprised to see Cards and especially Red Sox so high up.

Red Sox didn't make that many offseason moves did they? They finished last year below .500 and end up a top team in the game?

I wonder what factors went into defense ratings, cause the Jays(who are ranked 26th in defense in this game) finished 11th in 2012 in team fielding%, and that was obviously before addition of guys like Jose Reyes and gold glove winner in Buehrle.
Ya I don't get about the Jays either defensively. Weakness' would be LF and 2nd. That's it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok so I know the Cubs stink in hitting and and I know its just a video game not real life but the Cubs pitching at #26. With Garza, Shark being awesome last year and the signing of Edwin Jackson and couple other guys for starting and bullpen? I would take the Cubs pitching over 9 teams ahead of them (Col, Mil, Bal, Pit, Cle, Sea, SD, CWS, NYY). Ok....ahem.... I done.

#27 overall I cant disagree with that too much so Im guessing the ranked the Cubs down low to make their overall rating. If their pitching was where it should be around 16th-17th then their overall should be around 19th-20th cuz their defense is strong. Oh...ahem...now Im done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »