Home

RTTS - Jump to next game?

This is a discussion on RTTS - Jump to next game? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
RTTS - Jump to next game?

One thing that's always drove me nuts in Road To The Show is after each game, I had to wait for it to load as it went back to the mode menu, be told I went 1-4, the wait for it to load again as it went back to my next game.

I'd love to see at "jump to next game" option at the end of each game. Any word if they finally addressed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: RTTS - Jump to next game?

wait so you dont want to go back to the menu?

I highly doubt that is possible, it has to load all the data for the next game.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
wait so you dont want to go back to the menu?

I highly doubt that is possible, it has to load all the data for the next game.
Yeah I understand it will need to load the next game, I just want to skip the load of going to the menu just to immediately click "advance to next appearance". Basically, right now there are two load screens between games, I'd like only one
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

i can understand that, unfortunately i don't think they can do it. Would be a cool feature though. I know there are times when i just want to play a series and rack up RTTS points and worry about that stuff later.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

DPillz1201's Arena

Great idea... I can definitely see this happening next-gen, would make the game a lot more enjoyable tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't think this is possible. The load time is long because the data (stadium, uniforms, etc.) need to be loaded. Whenever you switch a team/stadium, the game needs to go through the process.

It would be interesting to see how this is addressed in the future.... I think the slow load time makes impossible certain things to be implemented, like Baseball Weekly type of in-game news for games that you didn't play but run in the background... ahhahaha
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't think this is possible. The load time is long because the data (stadium, uniforms, etc.) need to be loaded. Whenever you switch a team/stadium, the game needs to go through the process.

It would be interesting to see how this is addressed in the future.... I think the slow load time makes impossible certain things to be implemented, like Baseball Weekly type of in-game news for games that you didn't play but run in the background... ahhahaha
I don't know why you would say it's impossible. What he is suggesting is to just skip from the end of one game and immediately load the next game.

There is no reason the game couldn't save the previous games' stats, and load up the next game's data and go from there. Even if it had to retrieve scheduling/sim/lineup & rotation data.

I'm sure there is a lot of work to implement it, but it could make getting through a career much less tedious.

I think it's a great idea. The only difference is showing the user the main menu or not. (and loading it)
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque7
I don't know why you would say it's impossible. What he is suggesting is to just skip from the end of one game and immediately load the next game.

There is no reason the game couldn't save the previous games' stats, and load up the next game's data and go from there. Even if it had to retrieve scheduling/sim/lineup & rotation data.

I'm sure there is a lot of work to implement it, but it could make getting through a career much less tedious.

I think it's a great idea. The only difference is showing the user the main menu or not. (and loading it)
When the game makes you wait for a long time, there usually is an unavoidable reason why that process cannot be sped up. That's what I was alluding to... the load time is longer because some data need to be freed (data from previous game) and new data need to be loaded (data for the new game) into memory. I was guessing it's stadium and player model/uniform data, since they take a lot of storage/memory to keep the info when the things are so detailed as in The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »