Home

No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

This is a discussion on No doubles in the corners, no triples at all within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

Yes, the fielding sliders have to be tweaked in my opinion. I never really messed with sliders until last season and man did it make a difference. Much more realistic game play.

Arm strength, speed, and I cut reaction down a notch or two as well. But arm strength and speed are very important.

With stock sliders, OF's routinely cut above average runners out at home when it should be an easy run. There are a ton of Tulo arms in the infield with players that are below average defenders. Lowering arm strength also helps with the excessive amount of double plays.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Sorry, forgot to mention that I've been playing with arm strength knocked down to 4 already. I guess I'll try lowering fielder speed and upping baserunner speed.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
Rookie

Kamasutra's Arena

OVR: 2

Gonna go against the grain and say you don't have to mess with sliders at all. In fact, this year, I'm quite happy because haven't had to touch sliders (except on pickoffs/steals)

Using Allstar hitting and ALlstar pitching.

I would say you need to improve your roster and have someone with higher contact/speed/baserunning skills. Also this is totally dependant on how you hit and what type of hitting you use I suppose (zone etc..)

I play with the Jays, Reyes currenty leads the league in triples AND doubles, as he should. Without necessarly getting a player of that caliber, if you can trade or bring up someone of that nature, you will be successful

I use timing and it's all about hitting the gaps, splitting the outfielders. If you've got impeccable timing, you will get plenty of doubles and sometimes triples on the default slider settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
If you feel not enough gap hits are making it to the wall, then fielder speed is the problem.

If they are making it to the wall but you're still not making it to 2nd base, then Arm strength is definitely the issue.

It could be a combination of both. And in my opinions/observations, it definitely is both.

I'm actually currently playing with Fielder Run Speed at 0, and Arm Strength at 3. I'm not sure whether I'm happy with 0 yet, but I'd definitely recommend you try a Speed of 1 and a Arm Strength of 4 for now. (BR speed at 2)

I've left Reaction alone though. I have not found any strong incentive to lower Reaction.
Since we don't have separate fielding sliders for IF and OF lowering the Fielder Speed and leaving Reaction at default is reasonable. I like 4 for Arm Strength and BR near or at default is OK.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm seeing some pretty realistic results with
Fielder Speed/Reaction/Throwing all down about 3 clicks

I also lowered Baserunner Speed 1 click to 4 I think.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Potentially stupid question but are you hitting the ball too hard? Is it reaching the fielders too quickly?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Potentially stupid question but are you hitting the ball too hard? Is it reaching the fielders too quickly?
If you hit the ball too hard down the line there is no way it should get to the OF too fast is the point. The problem is even if you hit the ball hard, it seems to die fast in addition to the fact that the OF's seem to get to it too fast.

Hitting it extremely hard should get to the wall every time UNLESS the OF's are guarding the lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If you hit the ball too hard down the line there is no way it should get to the OF too fast is the point. The problem is even if you hit the ball hard, it seems to die fast in addition to the fact that the OF's seem to get to it too fast.

Hitting it extremely hard should get to the wall every time UNLESS the OF's are guarding the lines.
That's what I meant, is it bouncing quickly off the wall and straight to the men?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »