Home

No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

This is a discussion on No doubles in the corners, no triples at all within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

Disclaimer: I'm playing as the Mariners, who don't have a whole lot of blazing speed.

But I'm knocking some nice balls down the corners, over the bags, into those deep pockets of dirt and foul chalk, and it seems like the outfielders are either somehow always shaded to protect the corners on the times I'm hitting them there, or they've got rocket packs jammed up their asses and manage to grab the balls before I've even touched first.

The lack of triples I can generally accept as a casualty of playing as a slower team, but the number of times I've knocked a ball into the corner but been cut down trying to "stretch" a hit into a double has been hair-pullingly frustrating. That's to say nothing of the perfect lines the outfielders play on nearly every ball, so that I'll smack a ball two feet off from the top of the wall, and the outfielder manages to grab it on the first carom and fire it in to cut me down at second.

I started out with... someone's sliders where they recommended Fielder Run Speed to be set to 2, and Reaction to be bumped to 6. I've tried knocking down Reaction to 5, and am about to push it again to 4, but I'm worried that the infielders will turn into Beer League softball players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

also cut their arm strength a bit, if you havent already
Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America

Baserunner speed to 6; have been doing that since Show 11.

A player with 80+ speed should never be cut down at 2nd base on a ball in the corner or the gap. Ever.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

playing as reds and have had numerous double and a few triples from guys who cant motor...plus I am aggressive when running bases ..takes a good throw to get ya!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

If you feel not enough gap hits are making it to the wall, then fielder speed is the problem.

If they are making it to the wall but you're still not making it to 2nd base, then Arm strength is definitely the issue.

It could be a combination of both. And in my opinions/observations, it definitely is both.

I'm actually currently playing with Fielder Run Speed at 0, and Arm Strength at 3. I'm not sure whether I'm happy with 0 yet, but I'd definitely recommend you try a Speed of 1 and a Arm Strength of 4 for now. (BR speed at 2)

I've left Reaction alone though. I have not found any strong incentive to lower Reaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i play as boston, and even with ellsbury i can BARELY get to second.. BARELY. and that is with all fielding sliders at 4.

i got a triple once, and it was only because the ball rolled deep in fenway and the fielder fumbled the ball picking it up
Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't messed with the sliders at all and am seeing a reasonable number of both doubles and triples. Even hit 2 triples in one game with Nishioka (my Twins need all the help we can get, to the point I'm even re-importing busts, haha) a week or so back.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
I haven't messed with the sliders at all and am seeing a reasonable number of both doubles and triples. Even hit 2 triples in one game with Nishioka (my Twins need all the help we can get, to the point I'm even re-importing busts, haha) a week or so back.
But are you seeing them down the lines?

I too see plenty of gap doubles/triples but hits down the line are pretty much exclusively singles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »