Home

Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #17
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mo's CAPS

It wasn't to be a dick, so I'm sorry if it was taken that way. Yes, I am new to PS4, The Show, and these forums so I'm just trying to get involved in the community. He asked for thoughts and that's what I think. My expertise is just looking at the actual human being and comparing it to the cap. That's all. I'm not saying I can do better, because I can't. I've seen a lot of caps that are great. Some very impressive stuff. Clearly it's a hard thing to do, and his Tanaka is close, but I just wanted to say what I think could be done to possibly make it even more resemble the player. If you disagree then that's fine. Didn't mean any offense by it.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #18
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannTooth24
It wasn't to be a dick, so I'm sorry if it was taken that way. Yes, I am new to PS4, The Show, and these forums so I'm just trying to get involved in the community. He asked for thoughts and that's what I think. My expertise is just looking at the actual human being and comparing it to the cap. That's all. I'm not saying I can do better, because I can't. I've seen a lot of caps that are great. Some very impressive stuff. Clearly it's a hard thing to do, and his Tanaka is close, but I just wanted to say what I think could be done to possibly make it even more resemble the player. If you disagree then that's fine. Didn't mean any offense by it.
its just that your a n00b here and no one knows you yet, again wasn't trying to jump on you, just pointing out the obvious unwritten board etiquette.

you have no history so we have nothing to base your opinion on yet, and usually the only ones who really offer cap critique are other cap creators, otherwise it comes off a bit brash.

Most of us who build caps literally spend hours crafting the faces and its a difficult process to understand if your not also doing it yourself, it is an artform and the caps are an expression of how we see the player in digital form. The faces will never be 100% accurate, we don't have the tool to do that, but what we have is excellent and allows us to get a very good likeness in most cases.

Its not that your criticism was unwarranted, its just that your still a stranger here, gotta build yourself a little bit of credibility before you really start offering advise to the more established members if you dont want the hoard jumping on you .

Also, welcome! and congrats on switching to the PS4, its an awesome machine, and the Show by itself should sell this system.

Last edited by drsublime; 06-04-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Can you post his pitch attributes? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #20
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Just tweaked the Masaharo Tanaka, that was updated in the OSFM V3 Pitch edits...I think it turned out pretty good...thoughts?

in game Tanaka...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanaka.jpg (65.1 KB, 760 views)
File Type: jpg In game Tanaka.jpg (61.0 KB, 762 views)

Last edited by Motown; 06-17-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #21
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

More pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanaka CAP in progress.jpg (55.0 KB, 706 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
More pics...
Great Job
Old 06-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #23
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

I've been perfecting my Tanaka CAP, & I believe THIS will be the finished project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanaka CAP.jpg (67.3 KB, 670 views)
File Type: jpg MASAHIRO T.jpg (63.6 KB, 670 views)
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I've been perfecting my Tanaka CAP, & I believe THIS will be the finished project.
SCEA should def use this CAP with ur permission of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »