Home

Classic Teams - MLB 16

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - MLB 16 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Classic Teams - MLB 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Hey interesting perspective from a Torontonian and thanks. Yeah I guess this being the first world title team is the reason why it gets more play. However, it wouldn't be hard to adjust this team to the '93 version. You'd just have to search out a '92 roster in the vault and make the player movements if you wish.
Well, a project I've been wanting to do for a long time is get a roster and fill maybe one division with some of what I think are the best Blue Jays teams and do a playoff with them. But it seems I can never find the years I want and not having ever created historic teams before I don't know anything about how you go about doing it. The ultimate dream is to fill a whole league with Blue Jays teams and have them play a shortened season and playoff. Just as a total stats-nerd, Jays fan, experiment.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm happy to report that v1.0 of my classic teams set has been uploaded to the vault a few short minutes ago. I imported all my classic teams at the Double A level before moving them up to the MLB level for two reasons. First it preserves the 2016 players, and secondly, there are a couple of handfuls of duplications with a few players on multiple teams. Nothing serious especially if you are just using these for playoffs. I don't mind duplicate players in season play, but if they bother you simply bring the 2016 players up from the AA level to avoid that possibility and make the appropriate player movements to mirror current active rosters.

All teams are 25 man rosters and lineups and pitching rotations are set. You just have to download and play. If there are any errors, post them here so people can make the adjustments. I won't be reposting the rosters so folks can just check in here and make the changes on their own. I have placed the teams for v2.0 on the front page and hope to have those out by mid June. Now to actually enjoying playing the game for a while. I'll post my results here from time to time. Enjoy!

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 05-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Excellent Roster Set !

Much Appreciated !

Don
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
td7
Rookie

Great roster! What is the OOTP pitch calculator you are using?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 05-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Great roster! What is the OOTP pitch calculator you are using?
Thanks for the kind words! I take the values from OOTP 15 and plug them into a calculator created by doncropper.

Follow me on Twitter:
Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #14
td7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Thanks for the kind words! I take the values from OOTP 15 and plug them into a calculator created by doncropper.
Is the calculator anywhere to download?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 05-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #15
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: Classic Teams - MLB 16

Nice job. Ramon Hernandez missing from my 1971 Pirates. Wish we could go custom schedule with this set. I also continued 14 2oth Century Teams franchise over from 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #16
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OK just had a terrific game in my first classic playoff game with the v 1.0 roster. In my ALDS series, I have my 2004 Red Sox up against the 1948 Indians. Pedro Martinez went 8 solid innings for the win.

The game was knotted 2-2 going into the 9th at Progressive Field. Trot Nixon snapped the deadlock drilling a ball into the right field seats and it proved to be the winning run as the Red Sox took the opener.

It was Nixon's second RBI of the game as he tied the game at 1-1 earlier with a base loaded sacrifice fly. Kevin Millar also was a huge factor in this game bouncing a solo homer off the left field foul pole, and made a key defensive play in the home half of the 8th. With runners on corners in a tie game and no one out. Millar fielded a sharp ground ball in the drawn in infield. He then made a perfect throw to cut down the Indians' Dale Mitchell at the plate. Highlights below.

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited by bostongahden; 05-03-2016 at 09:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »