Home

MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

This is a discussion on MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #33
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Do you have #'s for Sal Romano?
Just added Sal Romano to the Reds. Control ratings were tough because he only started 1 game so far this year and threw 82 pitches. Will have to update him when he is called back up and gets a few more starts under his belt.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #34
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Looks like a ton of work, wow! I think it is an improvement over stock and I get the visual looking right. I feel the inherent problem is that the game uses movement as a variable for the chance to whiff. It is like you have to make a choice. Visually correct or statistically more accurate.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #35
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Looks like a ton of work, wow! I think it is an improvement over stock and I get the visual looking right. I feel the inherent problem is that the game uses movement as a variable for the chance to whiff. It is like you have to make a choice. Visually correct or statistically more accurate.
Thanks. It took me about 5 weeks to complete the spreadsheet.

I think you can get accurate stats using a good slider set. Check out Mike Lowe's sliders in the sliders forum.

When you simulate games, I think the stats are tied into a pitchers BB/9 innings rating more than the movement rating.

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #36
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

You are right, simulated games use the K/9 instead of movement and BB/9 instead of control. I really don't have any suggestions. The way the game is programmed means it is a trade-off on played games. Regardless, pitch edits are an improvement just to get in the RFB and CIR pitches that they don't give to many pitchers.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #37
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
You are right, simulated games use the K/9 instead of movement and BB/9 instead of control. I really don't have any suggestions. The way the game is programmed means it is a trade-off on played games. Regardless, pitch edits are an improvement just to get in the RFB and CIR pitches that they don't give to many pitchers.
I totally agree. It drives me crazy when they give almost every pitcher a 4 Seam fastball and Change up. Most pitchers fastballs have horizontal movement, usually more than 3 or 4 inches, and they give then 4 Seam fastballs which don't have any movement.

Also, most change ups that pitchers throw have horizontal break as well and they always give them a regular change up instead of a circle change.

Just my personal preference, but I can't play a game if the pitcher has the incorrect pitches. Guess that's why I love doing pitch edits so much.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #38
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played my first game with the Hybrid roster which I believe has implemented your pitch edits. The Chris Sale slider you created is a thing of beauty! Thanks very much for all the work it took to put these together.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #39
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Just played my first game with the Hybrid roster which I believe has implemented your pitch edits. The Chris Sale slider you created is a thing of beauty! Thanks very much for all the work it took to put these together.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoy the pitch edits.

If the Hybrid Roster makers used my pitch edits that is great! Will have to download it when I get home today from work.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #40
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Thanks to Sublime55 for this correction:

I originally had A.J. Griffin of Texas throwing a Sweeping Curveball but have now changed it to a 12-6 Curveball.

While Brooksbaseball has his Curveball with 7 inches of horizontal movement, if you watch him throw his Curveball the 12-6 movement fits it better.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »