Home

justmunc Fictional 2017

This is a discussion on justmunc Fictional 2017 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #57
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: justmunc Fictional 2017

Just downloaded it. Really looking forward to digging in to this for a franchise with some of my own created players sprinkled in.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #58
Rookie

justmunc's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lek
Thanks for the suggestions. Funny I am a Yankee fan in real life but have avoided playing as them in years past. I guess the fictional thing makes me want to play as a team I do not get to follow as closely in real life. I played as the Mariners, Indians, Padres and White Sox in previous years.

I dislike Arizona's uniforms so they are likely out and I don't want to play as a team I have played before. Kind of prefer the NL because in real life I follow the Yankees closest, although I do go to more Mets games. I was thinking the Brewers but for some odd reason don't like the way their park looks this year. Any thoughts on the Reds, Pirates or Twins? Thanks again!!!
The Pirates are definitely not a rebuild team. They are one of the best teams in the senior circuit with studs such as RF CJ Rowland and C Brian Hochstetler. It's kind of a three horse race in that division though, so you'll have to be on your A-game every time to play. With that said, the Reds are in an odd situation. They aren't in the same league as the Cubs, Cardinals, and Pirates, but they also aren't a bad team. They definitely need more offensive power to compete. The Twins are one of those restocking teams. They also see themselves in a powerhouse division (for some reason, it worked out that both Central divisions are stacked). They'll be in the cellar for awhile due to their sub-par farm system and mediocre team. Quality drafting and bargaining in FA will need to be done.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #59
Rookie

justmunc's Arena

****UPDATE 6/18/2017****

Walk-Up Songs for every player on each 40-man roster

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oaj9uk3lk...4WcUeHHWa?dl=0

These were done a few months ago so there are a few outdated songs
Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 AM   #60
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Just downloaded them (yes 330 am) LOL. Great job. Thanks again.

Sent from my D6616 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmunc
The Pirates are definitely not a rebuild team. They are one of the best teams in the senior circuit with studs such as RF CJ Rowland and C Brian Hochstetler. It's kind of a three horse race in that division though, so you'll have to be on your A-game every time to play. With that said, the Reds are in an odd situation. They aren't in the same league as the Cubs, Cardinals, and Pirates, but they also aren't a bad team. They definitely need more offensive power to compete. The Twins are one of those restocking teams. They also see themselves in a powerhouse division (for some reason, it worked out that both Central divisions are stacked). They'll be in the cellar for awhile due to their sub-par farm system and mediocre team. Quality drafting and bargaining in FA will need to be done.
Another Team that you can probably look at rebuilding on the fly more is the Tigers. What helps you out with them is they have 3 young Studs at SP. The First year at doing it though you can still make a run at a Title and World Series, but know that some retooling needs to be done after the season as a lot of guys are in their later 30's. You don't have to start completely over, but some decisions need to be made to how you will want to rebuild the Roster after the season is over. I know myself, I traded my SS, for a young SS from Texas named Gordon Boswell. Very Raw, but will develop into a good player. Right now I am in June. Injuries have hit me hard, as I lost my Starting catcher, and my Second Basemen. I am in Second place, with the Royals 2.5 games ahead of me. Will need to see how the next few weeks go to see if we are sellers or buyers? Just out of curiosity, do any of you know of a Left Fielder that is Athletic and has speed that I can look into possibly trading for? Once this season is over regardless, I will be looking to get much more Athletic, so we can take advantage of Comerica Parks spacious confines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #62
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the suggestions on rebuild teams. May go for the Reds. I like the idea of a division with three really good teams and a poor farm system. Likely I will try to sign some role players and trade what I have and rebuild and try to be powerhouse in year 2-3.

One more team I have been playing around with what are thoughts on the Mariners? Loving these rosters!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #63
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Another Team that you can probably look at rebuilding on the fly more is the Tigers. What helps you out with them is they have 3 young Studs at SP. The First year at doing it though you can still make a run at a Title and World Series, but know that some retooling needs to be done after the season as a lot of guys are in their later 30's. You don't have to start completely over, but some decisions need to be made to how you will want to rebuild the Roster after the season is over. I know myself, I traded my SS, for a young SS from Texas named Gordon Boswell. Very Raw, but will develop into a good player. Right now I am in June. Injuries have hit me hard, as I lost my Starting catcher, and my Second Basemen. I am in Second place, with the Royals 2.5 games ahead of me. Will need to see how the next few weeks go to see if we are sellers or buyers? Just out of curiosity, do any of you know of a Left Fielder that is Athletic and has speed that I can look into possibly trading for? Once this season is over regardless, I will be looking to get much more Athletic, so we can take advantage of Comerica Parks spacious confines.
If you are not looking for an absolute superstar in left field. Red Sox have a LF named Blaine Workman. Tall and rangey high 70s rated but with 81 fielding and 86 vision. Red Sox may give him up because already have Joel Joseph with high 70s rating. BTW has anyone seen a SP Knuckleballer. Would love to trade for one.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #64
Rookie

justmunc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
If you are not looking for an absolute superstar in left field. Red Sox have a LF named Blaine Workman. Tall and rangey high 70s rated but with 81 fielding and 86 vision. Red Sox may give him up because already have Joel Joseph with high 70s rating. BTW has anyone seen a SP Knuckleballer. Would love to trade for one.
Bill Scott, New York Mets. I think he's the only true knuckleballer in the MLB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »