Home

True Game MLB Sliders

This is a discussion on True Game MLB Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 05:06 AM   #41
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: True Game MLB Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjeffreys2000
1. I may come up with a gradual trade slider that increases as you approach the trade deadline. Where to start at and end at is up for discussion.

I have played with the gradual slider set from Mike Lowe's set. Seems to be fairly close to reality. More trades happen with more injuries as well and so far through 14 I do not have and players added to the DL.

2. An injury slider that decreases as the season progresses. Where to start and end at is up for discussion.

I havent seen the need yet to adjust as injuries are 0 for me so far..

3. Also should there be a wind modifier each game or as it is not the luck of the draw?

This can change or stay the same. I seem to get a wind modifier most games. Maybe +0 for great weather and +3 for Rain and somewhere in between for overcast?

4. Relook at how many cards are drawn for modifiers. Currently 4 are drawn. Should we keep it at this or come up with a plan to draw 1 to 4 cards a game. I would not increase more than 4, but should it be lowered to 3 etc. or leave it as is.

I think 4 is good. Sometimes I get modifiers that cancel out the previous so nothing really changes,

5. Is there a way to offer road games as more of a challenge - not that it isn't a challenge already. Suggestions could be to play on HOF pitching / Vet Batting using those modifiers as if you drew that card, in addition to your card modifiers that you draw; another could be that the home team get no minus modifiers applied only the away team.

I think your changes are fine. Modifiers are good with or without home/road team changes,
Thanks for the feedback...great input. I think 4 is also good for the number of cards to draw, because you are right the cancel out sometime when you hit your min or max and don't apply any how.

I did change one thing and will repost the spread sheet based on some talk here within my department. Home team will have a base contact of 9 and away at 8....

Also I wouldn't go higher than 7 on Injury so I left it at six, because I noticed as soon as my season started I had double the amount injuries that I seemed to have last year at that same time. CPU included. Lost Chris Davis to a concussion 15 days DL after he dropped a ball in the outfield and it hit him in the head and he has been playing good, so that hurt. I will decrease Injury by 1 from 6 every two months as the season goes along,

By the way I am 6-10 now so far this season, couple close games.

Last edited by CoachModer; 08-30-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 02:57 AM   #42
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Now that spring training is over. I have decided to start the 2017 season just using the base line sliders and add no modifiers or adjustments to them. I want to compare the difference after this season to the 2016 season. More to follow as I move on to the start of the 2017 season.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #43
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachModer
Now that spring training is over. I have decided to start the 2017 season just using the base line sliders and add no modifiers or adjustments to them. I want to compare the difference after this season to the 2016 season. More to follow as I move on to the start of the 2017 season.
Decided that I can't live without the modifiers which brings so much more variety to the table than just a base line set. I enjoyed them last season and with some slight tweaks based on feedback I look to have another great and challenging season.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated good or bad, that's what makes things better. Thinking about doing this for a Madden 2017 set I am working on as well.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #44
Just started!

Being new to MLB16, can anyone help my frustration with NOT hitting home runs in the game? I am using the sliders set by Coach Moder and using directional hitting. I am open to any suggestions or ways with the controller (joystick pointed up, power versus contact swing, etc...)
I do not want to become frustrated and not enjoy the game because I am a fan of the game
Old 09-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 26

Popups on high fastballs are a serious issue in the game. On the assumption high solid hits will address that, you'd put that to 9 or 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 03:47 AM   #46
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisdale0504
Being new to MLB16, can anyone help my frustration with NOT hitting home runs in the game? I am using the sliders set by Coach Moder and using directional hitting. I am open to any suggestions or ways with the controller (joystick pointed up, power versus contact swing, etc...)
I do not want to become frustrated and not enjoy the game because I am a fan of the game
What team are you using? I used these sliders with the card modifiers last season and drew 4 cards, this season only 3 cards and I added in some home and visitor modifications. With the Orioles last season I believe I finished second in HR behind Toronto with 224 they had 226. I averaged 1.38 HR per games which is right in line with MLB averages. Chris Davis hit a total of 39 and was my highest. Do not increase solid hits higher than 5 with modifiers, because it gets ridiculous with batting and too easy. If you stick with the sliders and use the cards for modifiers or another that you create it adds variety and makes each game a different challenge. I can tell you that Field Reaction and wind play key roles with keeping the balls in the park and base hits down the line for example. Make sure you are using quick counts too. So far this season in am 12-9 and lead the league in HR with B-more again, no surprise since I have a power line up I want to say I have 34 HR and Colorado has 32. Machado leads my team with 9 and Davis with 8. Be patient. I don't use the direction button that often if I do I normally angle it of to the upper right or upper left or middle right or middle left if I am trying to place a ball. It doesn't mean that is where it will go it only influences. If you put a good swing on the ball it goes off the player attributes and I have hit plenty of HR without touching anything and I just use the X button normally, because the power (Square Button) make it a lot hard to get good contact because the timing window is smaller. Some times with my contact hitters I just the circle. But normally the X button and I would say I hit 99% of my HR this way. But it boils down to who you have. For instance if you use the Braves they hit a MLB worst I think 100 HR last season in real life and the same on the game this year for me in the 2016 season I think they had around 107. You have to have good power hitters just as in real life. Let me know your thoughts and how you are using the cards. I will get you more stats from my current season and if you want anything from last season please let me know.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:07 AM   #47
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Updated post on first page:

Got some feedback to redefine the spread sheet and it is now updated as of 9/17/2016.

Removed all positive modifiers for contact and only have 2 chances for the CPU and Human to get a +1 power (4% chance per game; 2% per card). It was decided to make add more Solid Hits and see what happens over time. Solid Hits plays more of a key role in distributing base hits. Home team has a 12% chance to have a +1 Solid hit to bring it to a Max of 5, if you figure in the CPU or Human is the home team then it increases to 17% and visiting teams will have a 6% chance. Home teams naturally bat better at home the MLB average this year so far is as follows: MLB Home team BA .259; MLB Visiting team BA .252. For example Baltimore in real life is batting .266 at home and .252 away, 14 points lower, where there opponents bat .257 in B-more and .265 at home. I also added some increases to the pitching modifiers because like batting teams tend to pitch better at home as you can see from the difference in BA and also ERA (4.04 Home; 4.38 Away) Slider modifiers should open this up a little to create some separation between batting better at home vs. away. I will report my findings when I have the data when reaching a certain point in the season

Solid Hits comes more in to play than Contact and Power. Based on the current Contact and Power sliders they are good and should only be decreased based on feedback and statistics.

For any one who knows about Strat-o-Matic Baseball. It would be great to have that game engine tied into MLB the Show based on the players ability. I know Strat is dice using logarithms to get a real result, but if you could take that and put it in MLB the Show it would be great. So now you would have true game play placed in to the video game for real results and looks and actual game play. For all you serious gamers out there - Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #48
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey man love the read here in your thread, very interesting. Almost at the end of my season with the Nat's and looking for a change of pace new chise to take a break from them and testing sliders.

These look pretty fun and interesting/challenging, what pitching mechanic do you use? Personally I'm a meter guy as classic drives me absolutely insane lol. Anyway gonna give these a go not sure who I'm using yet probably the Yanks, but definitely an AL team.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »