Home

Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

This is a discussion on Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

Special thanks go out to the testers who helped make this set happen. Testing is not always the most fun, so I appreciate all time, numbers, and feedback provided. You guys rock!

If you would like to contribute any box scores using these sliders, here is the link:
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=mlb

Update 5/1 - FenwayMac 2017 Variety Hitting 3.0 is now live in the vault. Lots of changes lots of testing went in to the latest set. Percentages for both HUM and CPU have been fantastic across the board and I also reconfigured the fielding sliders and reaction balance. Plays great. See below for the latest sliders settings or go to the vault to download. Vote em up or down accordingly!

What is the mission of the FenwayMac Variety Hitting Sliders? The idea behind this slider set is to spread out percentages of hit types that will closely mirror actual MLB league averages. Prior to testing I ran the percentages for the last five years and found the following spread of hit types:

1B - 66.8%
2B- 19.6%
3B- 2.1%
HR-11.6%

League BA: .253

While coming close to the above percentage is a goal of these sliders, they have also been designed to help spread out HOW runs are scored. Getting a nice variety of of run-scoring singles, doubles, HR's, sac flies, and even walks make for a more enjoyable experience. Hopefully these sliders will help create that experience.

What Else Is Important? This season I also took on the challenge of adding the appropriate amount of K's and walks to the mix. Last 5-year league averages on these stats has been around 3 walks and 7 strikeouts per game. Though adjustments to the timing slider and the pitch consistency slider, I have been able to average right around 3-4 walks (both collected and distributed) and right around 8 strikeouts (collected and distributed) per game. Human interaction really can skew your results on these, but overall these sliders demand more discipline in pitching and hitting. I will give some more thoughts on these in a later post, but overall, these sliders should help these stats.
[B
FENWAYMAC VARIETY 3.0 SETTINGS
[/b]

For clarification I use the following settings. I can only speak for these settings...

User Hitting: All Star
User Pitching: HOF
Hitting Interface: Zone
Pitching Interface: Meter
PCI: On, Wedge
Quick Counts: NO. I pitch every pitch.

Human Contact: 7
Human Power: 4
Human Timing: 4
Human Foul Frequency: 5
Human Solid Hits: 4
Human Starter Stamina: 5
Human Reliever Stamina: 3
Human Pitcher Control: 2
Human Pitcher Consistency: 3

CPU Contact: 5
CPU Power: 5
CPU Timing: 2
CPU Foul Frequency: 5
CPU Solid Hits: 3
CPU Starter Stamina: 6
CPU Reliever Stamina: 3
CPU Pitcher Control: 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency: 4
CPU Strike Frequency: 2
CPU Manager Hook: 2
CPU Pickoffs: 4

Fastball Pitch Speed: 5
Offspeed Pitch Speed: 5
Fielding Errors Infield: 7
Fielding Errors Outfield: 6
Throwing Errors Infield: 7
Throwing Errors Outfield: 6
Fielder Run Speed: 3
Fielder Reaction: 4
Fielder Arm Strength Infield: 3
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield: 3
Baserunner Speed: 3
Baserunner Steal Ability: 7
Baserunner Steal Frequency: 5
Wind: 4
Injury Frequency: 5
Trade Frequency: 5

Last edited by FenwayMac; 05-01-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Added CPU Sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

Great to see you back Fenway. I look forward to your testing results and any feedback on my slider set with modifications once I settle on a good starting point across the board. Initial thoughts are that they (sliders) are closer the the middle (5) so far this year with the exception of a few items.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Looking forward to your sliders this year. I enjoyed it quite a bit last year. Only played one game so far with default sliders and I got demolished. I couldn't hit (was no-hit for 5 innings I believe) and they killed me 8-0 (twins against the jays (me)) don't let Berrios and his 8+ ERA fool ya lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
Pro

Hey all.

Just wanted to give a quick update on the sliders. We have had a pretty decent sample size for the original 2016 sliders and have found some gaps that needs some work, mainly on the HUM hitting side of the ball. A lot of the "single, single, single, home run" gameplay has crept back in and the hit type percentages reflect that. The CPU is actually not too far off except we need to turn some of those home runs in doubles.

Good news on the pitching side is that I am averaging around 9 k's per game as well as issuing several walks, so that is closing a gap from last year.

Tweaked a few human settings and just focused on human hitting last night. It's early, but I have already seen more doubles, a triple, and more singles as well. Scoring hit types have spread out a bit as well. Home runs are still high, but I have been testing on exhibition so players have been full stamina each game. I had 11 homeruns in 5 games which is a bit high but I will say that only one of this was over 450 feet, most were in the mid 300's.

The plan for the weekend is to start a test franchise and continue to balance out the hit percentages on offense, and then flip over to adjust the CPU hitting. I should have something worth posting for wide testing soon.

So testing goes on! Enjoy opening day everybody!
Old 04-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Hey all.

Just wanted to give a quick update on the sliders. We have had a pretty decent sample size for the original 2016 sliders and have found some gaps that needs some work, mainly on the HUM hitting side of the ball. A lot of the "single, single, single, home run" gameplay has crept back in and the hit type percentages reflect that. The CPU is actually not too far off except we need to turn some of those home runs in doubles.

Good news on the pitching side is that I am averaging around 9 k's per game as well as issuing several walks, so that is closing a gap from last year.

Tweaked a few human settings and just focused on human hitting last night. It's early, but I have already seen more doubles, a triple, and more singles as well. Scoring hit types have spread out a bit as well. Home runs are still high, but I have been testing on exhibition so players have been full stamina each game. I had 11 homeruns in 5 games which is a bit high but I will say that only one of this was over 450 feet, most were in the mid 300's.

The plan for the weekend is to start a test franchise and continue to balance out the hit percentages on offense, and then flip over to adjust the CPU hitting. I should have something worth posting for wide testing soon.

So testing goes on! Enjoy opening day everybody!

Awesome to hear. Aside from the obvious length of the bombs and to a lesser degree their frequency, I am not seeing great hit variety. It's just singles and HR's. The cpu seems to really get all kinds of great hits but I'd like to see them hit more triples and way less 115 mph burners. Hopefully your sliders fixes some of that. Loved your set last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Fenway I look forward to another good season and bouncing some information off of you and getting feed back from you for my modifier set. I am looking forward to seeing where you have things at. I have posted a mine and my v1 settings as I test them with my modifiers.

I left the fielder speed at zero (0) and that seems to be good, because it appears they still move pretty fast, but I believe that can help with the double and triple issue like it did last year. So far that is where I am leaving it at.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Can't wait to see your sliders uploaded to the vault. I used yours for 16 and loved them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #8
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Hey everybody and welcome back to The Show 2017! I have spent the last couple weeks reviewing last year's sliders, ordering my Kontrol Freeks, and shaking off some rust in the cage. I am ready to roll.

A quick overview: FenwayMac sliders are designed to closely emulate actual MLB hit type percentages as well as increase the variety in which runs cross the plate. Last year's sliders came pretty close to the real deal, minus some issues with user batters not accumulating enough strikeouts and walks, and user pitchers not walking enough batters. Adding those extra details is my goal for this season. If you really want to swing and miss more, then let's make it happen!

Over the next several weeks, I will be heads down testing and crunching the numbers with the goal of having a slider set released by the time the Minors roster drops. I have had a couple volunteers for testing. This will definitely increase the overall accuracy and speed in developing the set. If you are interested in hopping into the project, there is still time. Just let me know and I will supply the details.

Just for the sake clarity, here is exactly what we will be testing. Anything outside of these specifics, I will not be able to speak to nor guarantee the results you obtain from tweaking these with different interfaces.

User Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface: Zone
PCI: On (your preference)
Hitting View: Catcher 2 wide (your preference)
Pitching Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Pitching Interface:Meter

Once the base set is established, I will put them in the first post and add to the vault! Let me know if you have any questions or would like to help test.
Let me know what I can do to help this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »