Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #2185

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
New patch tomorrow morning fellas.
Not what I wanted to hear, as crazy as that sounds. I got the game tuned really well between Armor's sliders and my new approach so hopefully nothing big is changed or altered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 12:17 AM   #2186
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Hello all.

Heading back from Cooperstown NY tomorrow and will back into my Show Yankees Franchise.

I don’t expect the patch to be anything that will alter our game negatively.

I am in Show withdrawal!!! I had an XBOX 360 in the home I had rented for the past 7 days.....and have been falling in love with NCAA 14 again. No doubt I am firing that bad boy up as well when I get home.

But I can’t wait to resume My 2017 Yankees Franchise as we continue to pursue a post season berth in the second half of the season.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-23-2017, 03:36 AM   #2187
MVP

OVR: 6

Probably changing to hitting since it's been a big compliant lately. Just my guess.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by mbergh22; 06-23-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:14 AM   #2188
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Always used your sliders this year, but never used your presentation settings...I input them in, changed a few things to my liking, and wow. Super great feeling to the game with your settings. Played as the Mariners against the Tigers. Paxton had a shaky 3-run 2nd inning but Cruz homered to lead off the bottom of the second to make it 3-1. Then in the bottom of the 3rd inning, Dyson had an infield hit, stole second, advanced to third on a sac fly, and scored on a Heredia base hit to make it 3-2. I didn't score again until the bottom of the 6th, where Heredia singled, Cano singled, Cruz grounded into a DP (moving Heredia to 3rd), and then Seager singled Heredia home. After my bullpen shut things down in the 6th, 7th, and 8th, Cruz hit his 2nd home run of the game to take the lead. Diaz came in and was electric, striking out the side for the save and the win.

Notable Stats:
Heredia: 2-4, R, RBI, SB
Cruz: 2-4, 2 HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
Seager: 2-4, RBI,
Dyson: 1-3, R, SB
Zunino: 2-3
Paxton: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 8 K
Zych: 2 IP, 4 K
Vincent: IP, H, K
Diaz: IP, 3 K

Cabrera: 2-4
McCann: 1-3, BB, R
Avila: 1-4, 2B, RBI, R
Mahtook: 1-3, HR, R, 2 RBI
Verlander: 6 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO

Super clean game, different presentation settings honestly made such a huge difference, and most importantly, I had fun. Great set of sliders here!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #2189
Pro

What does the patch do?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #2190

The Chef's Arena

I've been having a fantastic time and now that I've got the pitching figured out and know how to pitch on HOF things have really come together. I took 2 of 3 at Tampa Bay and then swept Atlanta. I was cautiously optimistic but realized I had played the bottom feeder in each league and the next series at NY would be a better barometer of what I had and hadn't figured out. Well my team remained hot as I've won the first 2 games of the series by scores of 4-2 and 3-1. The first game Iwakuma was injured in the first inning and the bullpen came in and pitched well allowing my offense to make headway and get a lead that Diaz would close out. The next game I was finally able to throw a complete game with Drew Smyly, only took me approx. 130 games to finally pitch a complete game. Smyly was in total control giving up 1 run on 3 hits and had it not been for a mistake pitch to Matt Holliday that he blasted for a HR it would have been a complete game shutout.

I've now won 7 games in a row and sit at a healthy 70-58 on the season. I'm tops in the wild card race and have managed to close the gap with Houston down to 1 game for the division. The Yankees on the other hand have started fading just a bit. They are still within 4 games of the wild card but they were leading the division not that long ago.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #2191
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Chef, what are you currently using for control and consistency? Also, are you using the CPU hitting sliders in post #1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #2192

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Chef, what are you currently using for control and consistency? Also, are you using the CPU hitting sliders in post #1?
Everything is identical to the OP so control and consistency at 5 with the CPU hitting sliders at default minus foul frequency which is at 3 I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »