Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #73
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show '17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Tried your settings/sliders out tonight with ATL v NYM opening day replay. Thought I'd be lost without my PCI and pitch cursor fade. Not at all the case. I actually liked not having all that stuff on the screen.

Had a nice pitchers duel, 2-1 ATL (me). Teheran was dominant. 101 pitch complete game, 2 hitter, 0bb, 6 k. Solo shots from Swanson and Kemp off of Thor (6ip, 4 h, 1bb, 7k). Gameplay felt very realistic.
I'm guessing you were ATL? I see a few issues that frustrate me so far with '17 in what you shared:

1) You didn't walk anyone (curious what your strike percentage was going a CG with only 102 pitches)
2) The AI pulled their ace SP early, unless the pitch count was astronomical
3) You scored both of your runs off of HRs. How did the AI score? HR?

Thanks for sharing though! No knock on you, just curious about some of the early frustrations with '17.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I'm guessing you were ATL? I see a few issues that frustrate me so far with '17 in what you shared:

1) You didn't walk anyone (curious what your strike percentage was going a CG with only 102 pitches)
2) The AI pulled their ace SP early, unless the pitch count was astronomical
3) You scored both of your runs off of HRs. How did the AI score? HR?

Thanks for sharing though! No knock on you, just curious about some of the early frustrations with '17.
Yeah, I posted that in the afterglow of getting revenge on Syndergaard. Also, I thought I'd get dominated without my visual crutches on the screen...

I did work some counts on Syndergaard. I think he was at about 90 pitches when they didn't send him back out for the 7th. Honestly, I chalked that up to AI on opening day pitch counts. I don't know if that actually exists or not.

On the two homers, I was sitting on the spot he threw to and squared them up with good timing. They were fair. A wall scraper by Swanson and 454 ft shot by Kemp. I think I had a double in the corner and a few singles off him otherwise. I had a few hits off their BP too.

My pitching was pretty easy after the first couple innings. I was hitting the meter though and then got that big fat window for almost the entire last few innings. Lot of swings and misses on his 92mph 4FB though. I think in the 7th they tapped back to the pitcher twice, then popped out to the pitcher who ran all the way into foul ground near the dugout to catch it...which was weird (auto fielding/running).

Last edited by Jello; 04-04-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I posted that in the afterglow of getting revenge on Syndergaard. Also, I thought I'd get dominated without my visual crutches on the screen...

I did work some counts on Syndergaard. I think he was at about 90 pitches when they didn't send him back out for the 7th. Honestly, I chalked that up to AI on opening day pitch counts. I don't know if that actually exists or not.

On the two homers, I was sitting on the spot he threw to and squared them up with good timing. They were fair. A wall scraper by Swanson and 454 ft shot by Kemp. I think I had a double in the corner and a few singles off him otherwise. I had a few hits off their BP too.

My pitching was pretty easy after the first couple innings. I was hitting the meter though and then got that big fat window for almost the entire last few innings. Lot of swings and misses on his 92mph 4FB though. I think in the 7th they tapped back to the pitcher twice, then popped out to the pitcher who ran all the way into foul ground near the dugout to catch it...which was weird (auto fielding/running).
Maybe, off the top of my head, pitching might have been more realistic with pitch confidence off.

I'm about to play another game or two. I'll let you know how they go, with a focus on the issues you raised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #76
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:

That's good stuff, Jello. I wonder if we even consider AI power for zone at 1? I still think Kemp's would have made it out.

Next game, check your misses+strikeouts per total swings for the AI (and yourself). Should be at about 21%.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #77
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Here is what I'm currently testing that's different than post 1:

Human power at 1 (zone)
Human pitch control at 3
CPU power at 2

In the middle of a game now and it's looking fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #78
Rookie

Edit:

I'm deleting this post because I'm an idiot. The game I detailed here (game 2) was not played with your sliders!

I'll try to get in a game tonight and give feedback. Sorry about the mistake.

Last edited by Jello; 04-04-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #79
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Liking the changes for sure. Might need to amp up AI offense some since they seem to only score off power/HRs.

I'm thinking of lowering fielder reaction down a notch, and perhaps amping up one of the AI offense sliders.

Thoughts? Small details...things feel fantastic right now!

Old 04-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #80
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

First post updated with changes above, plus a few other sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »