Home

MLB 17 A.S. hitting(directional)/HOF pitching(classic) QC ON sliders!

This is a discussion on MLB 17 A.S. hitting(directional)/HOF pitching(classic) QC ON sliders! within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 17 A.S. hitting(directional)/HOF pitching(classic) sliders!

Nice to see some strikeouts this game! 9 by Cueto as he pitched a gem. We added three more runs in the 9th winning 6-1.

I do not have a LRP currently and no budget to sign anyone either...and if I bring up a AAA guy then who do I send down? Without OSFM this is a problem lol...

Man this game is playing amazing though! Three games with fielding errors at 6 and still see none so we're good there.

Fielder reaction at 3 I took from MLB 16. I really like it because it allows more singles through the infield, and the IF with best reactions etc will shine. Arenado robbed me of a hit still so...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170409_144830.jpg (50.6 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg 20170409_144844.jpg (57.7 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 20170409_144852.jpg (52.5 KB, 165 views)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Arizona, Miami, and I only have one error. Well I have played 7 games out of 12 against Arizona so that explains that. In game errors are few and far between.

The biggest problem is I have seen at least 3 "errors" that the game doesn't score as errors. Fumbled baseballs on grounders usually...they call it IF base hits instead smh.

But regardless 1 error in 12 games is not enough...looking at the Mets who have 12 errors in 13 games!

I think I will raise it to 7 next 7 or 8 games or so and see what happens.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #19
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I am going to raise human timing up to 6. After paying close attention to my swing timing and overall batting average we need some help here on offense. I also have 2nd most strikeouts as a team offensively.

This could be user preference based on skill, but tbh I had it set to 6 on MLB 16 for a long time as well.

I am going to start over a franchise with the Indians tonight or tomorrow night using OSFM rosters. I will be playing spring training games with updated sliders version 1.6 (4/10/2017).

Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm not a fan of changing strike frequency. It tends to make the pitchers get behind in counts too often. It's actually pretty good on default.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #21
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm not a fan of changing strike frequency. It tends to make the pitchers get behind in counts too often. It's actually pretty good on default.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I am beginning to notice this. Honestly the low setting at 2 was from last year with QC on. I don't think the slider mattered with QC on anyway.

I am playing a game at 4 now and purposely not swinging at the first pitch every at bat to see the first strike%

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #22
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

What a great game this was! Season opener with the Indians. I took the early 2-0 lead with a 2 run homerun by Encarnacion.

Gallo ties it bottom of the 2nd with a 2 run blast. He hits his 2nd on a fastball by Kluber. Encarnacion hit 2nd homer of the game in the 8th to make it 5-4, but could get nothing going as Dyson got his first save.

I think strike frequency does need to go to default 5...still no errors. I swear I'm about to max the sliders until I see 3 errors in one game lol.

Anyways, great great game just played! Kluber and Darvish both put on a show, striking out 18 combined as each worked through 7 innings. Both bullpens were solid except for Kela giving up the homerun in the 8th. Whicj btw...I changed controller to cpu and put in different RP after this. The cpu was going to leave him in and I thought otherwise.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170411_093711.jpg (66.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 20170411_093730.jpg (55.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 20170411_093746.jpg (52.3 KB, 106 views)

Old 04-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

When I get home I will play game 2 of the series.

I will test out a game with all fielding and throwing errors maxed out to 10 on the sliders. Also will have strike frequency at 5, fielder speed and reaction at 2 (trying to create doubles on hits down the line).

Tired of seeing fielders getting to the ball as soon as I reach first base!

One thing that is irking me is how over 90% of runs scored in this game are via homeruns. I do not believe this can be fixed with sliders. The stat cast, new ball physics, my theory the wind has more effect than before (no real evidence) etc. is what is causing more homeruns than usual I think.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:01 AM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Sooo I'm not sure exactly what I did late last night/early this morning but I either didn't save my progress in the franchise or saved over it?

So I had to restart. Luckily I do have my save with franchise set up perfectly to start.

Anyways, here is game #1 all over again. I have seen errors at 10, possibly too many. This game was set at 9 and Andrus committed a fielding error so good signs. Throwing errors at 9 and saw none so leaving those at 9 and 9 for a while.

Here is the box score and SP analysis screens. McCalister almost blew it giving up a 3 run homerun to Odor in the 8th. I brought in Andrew Miller to get the last two outs in the 8th (gave up a double to Andrus with 2 outs). Allen got the save coming in and shutting it down in the 9th.

I personally felt cpu yanked Darvish an inning too early. He was down 6-0 with 5er but I think irl manager would let him at least attempt to get out of the 4th inning.

Therefore I am lowering manager hook to 1. You MUST manage the cpu bullpen for them by changing team select. They will leave RP in too long...you can try raising hook to 7 or 8 once SP is pulled but personally I just rather switch over and do it. Takes no effort and I feel better beating the cpu this way haha

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170412_014910.jpg (62.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 20170412_014929.jpg (48.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 20170412_014944.jpg (43.4 KB, 99 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »