Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #41
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

Okay I don't know I feel you read Armor's thread but someone on there found out how to beat the CPU hook. In the 4th inning or when you think they willl take the pitcher out after every at bat when your batting switch teams go back to the game and then switch back. It is a pain but it works. Garza pitched 6 IP 7 H 3 ER. I let them take him out for a pinch hitter in the 7th with a 4-3 lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #42
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

That was with QC on.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #43
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

The only catch is sometimes when you do that the CPU makes a sub for your own team when you change over. I was pitching in the 7th inning in a 0-0 game and their pitcher was due up. So I switched teams so they wouldn't pinch hit for him. When I changed over the CPU took Arrieta out with 2 outs in the 7th with nobody on base. But it's a lot better I think it at least a good temporary fix and I can have my QC back.

I won the previous game 8-6 on a walk off HR after my bullpen blew a 6-4 lead in the 8th. Next game I lost 1-0. They scored their run on a double, sac bunt and sac fly. I'm 10-4 in 1st place with a 2 game lead. But I'm 2-4 in my last 6 after starting out 8-0. I like the variety of the games.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 AM   #44
Rookie

Pretty solid results and about what you would expect from the Cubbies. Some good offensive outbursts, with a couple of pitchers duels thrown in.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:54 AM   #45
Rookie

Updated original post with version 2 of these sliders. I wanted to get just a bit more variety and testing showed an increase in both hit variety and game variety, so barring any patches that drastically alter gameplay, I feel pretty good about these.

Changes from version 1.1 - Reduced Human timing and solid hits to 3 to give less margin for error, in test games since this change you now earn your hits more. Reduced CPU Solid Hits to 3 as on HOF pitching, even with timing at the CPU was still mashing "pitchers pitches" a bit too often. This now reduces that, though they will still mash balls you leave out over the plate.

In two games in my franchise after testing I had a 5-3 walkoff win on Starlin Castro HR that wrapped just inside the left field foul pole and currently have a 1-0 lead in a pitchers duel through 5 that has seen a the change in timing really affect the game in a good way. Timing at 3 has really provided a good mix of line drives, bloops, choppers, etc.

I did try reducing CPU timing to 0, but there was too many strikeouts in testing. Going the solid hits to 3 and putting timing back at 1 brought those numbers back in line, and as indicated above made the CPU earn their offense and cut down on the number of well located pitches they were driving.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Last edited by BYU 14; 04-13-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #46
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
The only catch is sometimes when you do that the CPU makes a sub for your own team when you change over. I was pitching in the 7th inning in a 0-0 game and their pitcher was due up. So I switched teams so they wouldn't pinch hit for him. When I changed over the CPU took Arrieta out with 2 outs in the 7th with nobody on base. But it's a lot better I think it at least a good temporary fix and I can have my QC back.
I solved this problem by using my 2nd controller. I switch player 2 to the other team after my outs. It solves the problem. The CPU pitcher pitched a full 6 IP and gave up 3 runs each game. It is a pain in the butt every time to do it but when its a realistic time to take them out I let them. My last game against the Brewers Guerra was pitching a shut out until the 6th inning when he gave up 3 solo HR so in the 7th inning I let the CPU take him out. I ended up winning that game 3-1 with 3 solo HR. I had 3 HR with 5 hits. I did lower my power to 3 a couple games ago. I don't know if raising the power back to 4 and lowering the timing to 3 will make it more a variety or give me more HR.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #47
Rookie

I played with that last night and was happy, though like you say a PITA. Would be nice if you could go from quick counts to full counts mid game and just pitch the 5th and 6th innings that way
Old 04-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #48
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
I played with that last night and was happy, though like you say a PITA. Would be nice if you could go from quick counts to full counts mid game and just pitch the 5th and 6th innings that way
That would be really nice. It is probably just me but I feel the game goes by better and more real for me using quick counts. More walks for both teams and the game is just quicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »