Home

Old 06-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Power.

In the description it says that it affects extra base hits, "to a lesser degree." Does anyone know what exactly this means or how it works? I want to tone down home runs just a hair while not sacrificing extra base hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
In the description it says that it affects extra base hits, "to a lesser degree." Does anyone know what exactly this means or how it works? I want to tone down home runs just a hair while not sacrificing extra base hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You might find this thread helpful. It's quite old but has very detailed explanations and I refer to it often. Traditionally solid hits has been the slider everyone has lowered by a click.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html
Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This is contrary to conventional wisdom, but I ran with this philosophy last year with spectacular results. I'm running with it this year as well.

The idea, developed by KBlover, is to lower power but raise contact, solid hits, and timing in order to get less homers and more doubles, especially more line drives into the outfield.

Contrary to the prevailing wisdom, higher solid hits does not decrease hit variety, nor does it make every well-hit ball a homer. Rather, when combined with a reduction in power, an increase to these sliders produces more doubles and less homers.

Take it with a grain of salt, try it if you like, see what you think.

My general rule is to take the same number of clicks off of power that I add to the other sliders, for balance.

From there, you can just judge via stats and the eye test where things are at and adjust from there.

If you're just squaring up too many balls, lower timing by 1-2. If you're still squaring up too many, lower solid hits by 1-2. Or consider dropping power another click. But the basic principle is to actually raise those other sliders while lowering power. I do this in conjunction with a -1 or a -2 to the fielder speed and reaction sliders. I'm happy with the results.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Gagnon, if all you want to do is lower HR's a hair, look at your wind slider. What is it set at? Mine is at 3. If you mess with solid hits when you're otherwise satisfied, you might start getting less satisfying results in other areas - meaning that it will likely need more changes down the road to contact, power, timing, fielder speed...

Last edited by rjackson; 06-06-2017 at 09:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »