Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Hi guys - I started my franchise on day 1 of release last year (first year with The Show), and regretted it once I realized that folks make downloadable rosters with real minor leagues. How are the rosters you're using? Do you plan to re-start once additional rosters have been created by the user community?

JB
Old 03-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #10
Rookie

Update : I finally got off the schnide with my first win of the season. It went to extras, I won my first game of the season on a walk off hr from nick castellanos! Record is now 1-5 on the year hopefully this can give me momentum going forward. My pitching is great just the lumber is a tad rusty
Old 03-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I have started with my Blue Jays. Currently 10-10 and in second in the division. Every team has at least 8 wins so this will be a tough year as always.

First off, I traded Smoak to the White Sox for Brantly to backup Marin. Then I signed Morneau to a 2 year deal (club option). I also signed Vic Black to a minor league deal and he is in AAA. I signed Joe Nathan to a 1 year deal and him and Chavez have been my only bright spots out of the pen. Finally I traded DJ Davis to Cleveland for Almonte (missing 80 games) and Utility player Walters.

So far Bautista/Donaldson are tied for first in home runs with 7 and Saunders has 5. Pillar/Martin/Casilla are all hitting around .300 and Tulo is hitting .399. Morneau is struggling with .222 and is splitting time with Colabello and Saunders for the 1B/LF spots.

The rotation has been terrible. Sanchez and Dickey have been decent but Happ, Stroman and Estrada have been terrible. Storen has already blown 3 saves and Osuna isn't doing much better.

Lots of questions will have to be addressed in the next couple months. If the pitching continues to falter, the Jays will have to try and acquire a top of the rotation starter. Also, with both Bautista and EE looking to text the free agent market the Jays will have to decide if it will be worth holding them both, dealing them both, or maybe just deal one.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update. The Jays are now 18-13 (just lost another series to the Red Sox, but 2 big winning series against Indians and Yankees). Sitting first in the division in a very close race for all teams.

The rotation has made some improvements. Stroman is looking like an ace finally, Sanchez is staying strong, Dickey is consistent so far and Estrada has been rocked the last 2 starts. I replaced Happ with Chavez in the rotation and it seemed to work. Chavez went 6.1 allowing 2 runs in his first start, while Happ has 5 IP out of the bullpen without allowing a run.

The pen has also improved. Storen has been magical and leads the league with 13 saves. Osuna has been questionable, but Nathan/Cecil/Schultz/Delabar and now Happ have all been high quality options.

I Grabbed Montero off waivers from Seattle like in real life after Brantly and Tony Sanchez have both been terrible as backups. Sanchez is in AAA and Brantly was dealt to Cleveland along with Cecilliani and Danny Jansen (B/catcher) for Aguillar/Kyle Crockett. Brantly will be their backup catcher and Cecilliani will take over the RF starting role against RHP. The Jays will use their two new pieces as depth prospect options in the minors.

Another minor league move seen AJ Jimenez and another minor leaguer sent to the Nationals for Tyler Moore and Matt Den Dekker. Den Dekker was DFA'd by Washington and the Jays just lost Mesa/Kotchman for the year in AAA and needed replacements. Washington was looking for a backup C after losing Loboton to injury.

We sent down Goins to AAA and recalled Zack Walters (acquired in the other minor deal with Cleveland) who has held his own splitting time with Casilla.

Also grabbed a couple of other minor players off of waivers for minor league depth due to injuries, which I can't remember their exact names so I will add it to the next update.

The bats have been solid. Due to good play from Saunders and Colabello, Morneau is starting to see less time. Bautista still has 9 HR but this cold spell now sees him hitting .220. The rest are all doing as expected and there have been a few big come from behind wins due to timely homers as expected from the Jays.

Now on to another series with less questions remaining than last time. The Jays are considering sending down Junior Lake who hasn't performed. Dominic Brown is a candidate to be recalled but he has struggled. There is rumblings that the Jays may make a run at Nick Swisher if he clears waivers and hits the market to stock up more platoon options if the price is right.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by BlueJays09; 03-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #12
Rookie

zman2392's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Just to update. The Jays are now 18-13 (just lost another series to the Red Sox, but 2 big winning series against Indians and Yankees). Sitting first in the division in a very close race for all teams.

The rotation has made some improvements. Stroman is looking like an ace finally, Sanchez is staying strong, Dickey is consistent so far and Estrada has been rocked the last 2 starts. I replaced Happ with Chavez in the rotation and it seemed to work. Chavez went 6.1 allowing 2 runs in his first start, while Happ has 5 IP out of the bullpen without allowing a run.

The pen has also improved. Storen has been magical and leads the league with 13 saves. Osuna has been questionable, but Nathan/Cecil/Schultz/Delabar and now Happ have all been high quality options.

I Grabbed Montero off waivers from Seattle like in real life after Brantly and Tony Sanchez have both been terrible as backups. Sanchez is in AAA and Brantly was dealt to Cleveland along with Cecilliani and Danny Jansen (B/catcher) for Aguillar/Kyle Crockett. Brantly will be their backup catcher and Cecilliani will take over the RF starting role against RHP. The Jays will use their two new pieces as depth prospect options in the minors.

Another minor league move seen AJ Jimenez and another minor leaguer sent to the Nationals for Tyler Moore and Matt Den Dekker. Den Dekker was DFA'd by Washington and the Jays just lost Mesa/Kotchman for the year in AAA and needed replacements. Washington was looking for a backup C after losing Loboton to injury.

We sent down Goins to AAA and recalled Zack Walters (acquired in the other minor deal with Cleveland) who has held his own splitting time with Casilla.

Also grabbed a couple of other minor players off of waivers for minor league depth due to injuries, which I can't remember their exact names so I will add it to the next update.

The bats have been solid. Due to good play from Saunders and Colabello, Morneau is starting to see less time. Bautista still has 9 HR but this cold spell now sees him hitting .220. The rest are all doing as expected and there have been a few big come from behind wins due to timely homers as expected from the Jays.

Now on to another series with less questions remaining than last time. The Jays are considering sending down Junior Lake who hasn't performed. Dominic Brown is a candidate to be recalled but he has struggled. There is rumblings that the Jays may make a run at Nick Swisher if he clears waivers and hits the market to stock up more platoon options if the price is right.

Stay tuned!
As a Jays fan I am enjoying this very much so far! Just out of curiosity what rosters are you using that have AJ Jimenez and DJ Davis on them? Did you just make some prospects yourself? Also whats your play style? Sim and play wise? Thanks so much! Keep up the great work. Go jays!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:59 AM   #13
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2392
As a Jays fan I am enjoying this very much so far! Just out of curiosity what rosters are you using that have AJ Jimenez and DJ Davis on them? Did you just make some prospects yourself? Also whats your play style? Sim and play wise? Thanks so much! Keep up the great work. Go jays!

Thanks man! I am actually using MLB 15 with the osfm rosters. Haven't decided if I wanted to go with MLB 16 yet because my sliders are actually perfect and I am enjoying the game very much. I am pretending it's a 2016 season though since the rosters are updated to current.

As for my play style, I play every game! I hate to sim. The only time I do is say mid way through September if I have already clinched. I actually played every game in ST this year for the first time and aim to play every game.

Thanks for the kind words! I look forward to updating again!
Old 03-29-2016, 03:04 AM   #14
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
Hi guys - I started my franchise on day 1 of release last year (first year with The Show), and regretted it once I realized that folks make downloadable rosters with real minor leagues. How are the rosters you're using? Do you plan to re-start once additional rosters have been created by the user community?

JB
I won't even start a real one until OSFM comes out.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

5-5 after 10 spring training games. I have solved my 3rd base issue as I have released a player and signed David Freese to backup Carpenter at 3rd base. Signed Freese to a 1 year deal at $2.5M.

So my infield is set and right now the only position battles going on are 1B between Moss and Adams, and who is going to be the 5th outfielder. Moss may end up getting this nod due to the pop in his bat.

But there is more spring training to be played so I will continue to give the prospects shots and see what they can do.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #16
Rookie

Is it safe to transfer our 2015 franchise to MLb 16? I thought I read there was a bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »