Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

On a 3-game losing streak to start June. Still have a 9-game lead in the division, but this is concerning.

The bullpen has been epic bad lately, but there's no help to be found anywhere if the Marlins wanted to make a move. Relief talent is precious, teams aren't letting go of it, and there's nothing hanging out on the FA wire...or in the Marlins' farm.

Hopefully they will settle down. Otherwise, it might be a long summer. Either that or every starter will have to go until his arm almost literally falls off.

The offense has its share of concerns, too. In two of those losses, the team has scored a total of 2 runs.

The attack has been mostly driven by Yelich, Harper, and Davis. Harper's cooling off as is Yelich. Bo Winter, an exciting young hitter, hasn't shown the consistency at the plate that he did in his previous season, but he does have pop and has helped the middle of the order.

The real disappointment is Chris Taylor, who's just completely come apart at the plate. His average is down to .230 and the strikeouts are mounting. The team might have to move him down to the bottom of the order for a while. Or give him some time off to make collect his thoughts and review his approach.

Stan Brito is showing problems handling right handed pitching again. Tommy Cruz has been disappointing as well now that he's getting every day playing time with the injury to Lindsey Robertson. Jose Campos is loved by management, but his play at the plate is ever inconsistent.

The Marlins called up former phenom Tyler Kolek. The big right-hander has been a slower-than-expected developer as he has struggled to gain command of his pitches. The biggest weakness about him continued to hamper him despite a concerted effort to improve his mechanics.

At 25, he's trying to show he's ready and that the team shouldn't give up on him. He's working in long relief right now, but he got a start when Luis Heredia, another prospect, went down with an injury. It wasn't a bad start, but the command issues will be a problem in all likelihood unless his stuff becomes completely nasty.

Overall, the Marlins are not in bad shape, but the questions could keep mounting if things keep turning sour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 12:15 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Until OSFM rosters drop I sim regular seasons and in playoffs play all elimination games with live rosters. I play with Cubs and in game 7 of NLCS vs SF I won in bot 15 on WP with 2 outs with a RP batting. Tomorrow I will play the WS.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2016, 01:18 AM   #67
Rookie

MikeM87's Arena

I chose the Mets for my franchise, that starting rotation was just way too enticing for me.

I made it into the second month of the season. and that is when the injury bug hit, and boy did it hit big time.

First off we lost Jacob deGrom with a Head Fracture. our for the season

Second we lost Matt Harvey Broken Shin out 1-2 months...

So now my rotation is as follows

Noah Syndergaard
Steven Matz
Zach Wheeler
Bartolo Colon
Logan Verrett

Which still isn't half bad..... I am looking forward to the challenge of keeping up with the Nationals.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #68
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Lost a rough one last night in my Indians franchise

First game after I carried it over from 15. Lost to Det 12-5.

Hitting is definitely easier this year. Turned it up to HOF which is what I hit on for part of last year till I got to frustrated. Well scored 2 runs of David Price and 5 total. So I definitely think I can hit on it.

After that loss I'm 34-36. Carrying 13 pitcher rn and they all are getting hammered.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #69
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I started a franchise with the Mariners. In ST, Aoki went down with a broken arm so he'll miss at least two months.

On opening day, we traveled to Texas to meet the Rangers. King Felix started for Seattle while Yu Darvish took the mound for Texas. Both pitchers gave up at least one home run; Felix gave up two solo shots. Both pitchers lasted 7 innings and gave up 3 runs. It took 12 innings to decide this opening day contest; in the top of the 12th, Kyle Seager hit his second home run of the game, a two run blast off of former Mariner Tom Wilheimsen. The run flew 415 feet. Steve Cishek got the last three outs for his first save for the Mariners as we won 5-3.

Promising youngster Ketel Marte went 4-5 with a triple, a double and two singles.

Next up, it's "Sinker McNasty" Hishashi Iwakuma vs Cole Hamels.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 04-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #70
Just started!

Roextro's Arena

Doing an Astros franchise currently. Off to a 4 - 2 start. However, Keuchel tore his rotator cuff in his second start against the Brewers. Will be out for six months plus so it looks like no Cy Young award winning pitcher for me this year. Really struggling to hit with Correa for some reason, Castro has gotten off to a monster start, hitting .362 to start the season. Now we are up against the Royals for a four game series!
Old 04-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #71
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1

What difficulty does everyone play on?... I keep blasting base hits and winning 18-0 when I play... I'm not that good. ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #72
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden
What difficulty does everyone play on?... I keep blasting base hits and winning 18-0 when I play... I'm not that good. ??

I have used dynamic difficulty and I have it set now after finding a difficulty that makes every game great. I think it's All Star pitching and Veteran+ hitting. I have some 8-7 games some 1-0. Great for my level of play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »