Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #4361
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

What do you all think of Waino, Kolten Wong and Harrison Bader for Schoop?

Also what would it take from the cards to get Matz w/out losing Reyes?
NBA: Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #4362
Rookie

Thoughts?

Roster Foundation:

Trades, used updated OS opening day roster 2017 on MLB the Show 16

Marco Hernandez, Deven Marrero, Rodney Castillo from Boston for Homer Bailey

Michael Chavis and Kyri Washington from Boston for Scott Feldman

Leonardo Molina, Cito Culver and Jake Cave from NYY for Zach Walters and Ryan Rayburn

Abiatal Avenlio, Ronald Torreyes, Billy McKinney from NYY for Rusney Castillo

Luis Urias from SD for Patrick Kivlehan

Rymer Liriano, Zach Burdi and Michael Kopech from CWS for Doug Fister

Yusniel Diaz and Cody Bellinger from LAD for Zack Cozart and ....

Tim Tebow from NYM for .... Nefi Ogando

David Fletcher and Matt Thasis from LAA for Jordan Walden

Donnie Hart and Jason Aquino from BAL for Blake Wood, Alejandro Chacin and Johnny Hellweg

Cody Sedlock from BAL for Tony Renda

Carl Wise, Ryan McBroom and Bo Bichette from TOR for Deck McGuire

Edwin Diaz from CLE for Robert Stephenson and Desmond Jennings

Yadier Alvarez from LAD for Shawn Zarraga

Jose Torres from SD for Wayne Strahan and Andrew McKirahan

Steven Okert from SF for Carlten Daal

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Romans 1:16
Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #4363
Rookie

KeanuReevesRules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Carrasco is better than Kluber and Salazar
It's been awhile since I have glanced at OS... looking at old posts like this make me remember why I stopped coming to the Trade Discussion threads.

lol

clowns.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #4364
Rookie

YATSEN10R's Arena

I'm in the second season playing as the Braves, and I would love to get Trout at the deadline. I was thinking of a package including Ruiz, another top prospect and maybe Markakis. Is there any chance this could actually happen?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #4365
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATSEN10R
I'm in the second season playing as the Braves, and I would love to get Trout at the deadline. I was thinking of a package including Ruiz, another top prospect and maybe Markakis. Is there any chance this could actually happen?
Yeah, let's see greatest player of all time more than likely when he's done for Rio Ruiz (C prospect who will probably be a career minor leaguer) another "top prospect" - it could be Acuna and still not be enough, and Markakis who would be 35.

I'd have to look at excess value, etc. but I would think it would take Albies, maybe Inciarte, and Soroka or something insane like that since he's still signed through 2020.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 01:51 AM   #4366
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Unfortunately your thinking would be incompatible with the Marlins' thinking. They will hold onto Stanton at least until his contract escalates in 2018/he opts out. Aside from that, the package of Puig (a massive downgrade from Stanton and somebody that Dodgers fans want run out on a rail anyway/Mattingly would not want back) + Montas (a likely relief pitcher) + etc isn't even close. You'd need to put Seager in there or one of De Leon/Urias. Maybe Seager and one of those pitchers to even get Miami to not slam the phone down on you.

And this is just for Stanton! Your original thought was phrased as if you wanted to get Stanton and Fernandez for 2nd tier assets. No way, Jose.
Just wanted to revisit this as a sign that while prospects are valued more than ever in today’s game, and young MLB controllable talent as well - some of the claims of “what it would take” to trade for some of these stars was absurd. Stanton, not 2 years later, was dealt for two lottery tickets and Starlin Castro. Granted his contract was set to jump from $14 to $24 M a year, but the guy was in his prime coming off an MVP and one of the better power hitting seasons in the history of the game. And folks on here were talking a fair trade for him would start with Seager and Urias. It’s flat out absurd

Last edited by wilsbs8; 05-28-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:53 AM   #4367
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason27
The Braves would probably want MLB ready talent for these two. I'd go with the following:

Yoan Moncada
Michael Kopech
Blake Swihart
and someone to offset some of the $ (maybe Joe Kelly or Rusney Castillo)
Another one here, I mean this is literally the package traded for Chris Sale not 6 months later. Sub Basabe for Swihart really. I mean Teheran had a few solid years and Vizcaino had a nice season or two as a bullpen arm - but the same package as Sale got traded for that offseason? It’s ridiculous. I want to operate my franchise under fair and realistic trades - but what is deemed fair in here is unreal
Old 05-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #4368
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsbs8
Another one here, I mean this is literally the package traded for Chris Sale not 6 months later. Sub Basabe for Swihart really. I mean Teheran had a few solid years and Vizcaino had a nice season or two as a bullpen arm - but the same package as Sale got traded for that offseason? It’s ridiculous. I want to operate my franchise under fair and realistic trades - but what is deemed fair in here is unreal
Hindsight is 2020 ... at the time of the trade, Teheran was 2 years younger then Sale and they were coming off nearly identical seasons from a value perspective (4.7 WAR for Teheran vs. 4.9 for Sale). Completely reasonable to believe Teheran had more upside if we were to compare them at the time. He was consistently ranked among the top prospects in the game for years. He was also making about 1/3 the salary of Sale.

Of course now we know what happened, Sale took his game to another level in Boston and Teheran regressed.

If anything, the fact that we can look back and cut up some of these trade proposals as ridiculous in hindsight makes it more realistic. We can do that with real MLB trades too and be here all day.

Also, at the end of the day this is a video game. And the CPU trade logic is extremely easy to take advantage of. Anyone coming in here looking for help with a realistic trade is free to make their own decision at the end of the day with their franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »