Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:03 AM   #49
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
Both of those guys contracts are too heavy for the Indians (plus their age as Holiday would be 37?)
You're right, but a challenge trade isn't inherently realistic so I figured that was out the book here

Why don't you just throw Lonnie at 1B and trade Santana for an outfielder or something?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:13 AM   #50
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
Because another team could use Santana who's an obp machine who can hit 20-25 HR on a good contract that can play 1B, C or even 3B for their 1B who's only an average OBP 15-18 HR guy who can only play 1st that he does it well. It's not like it's trading Mark Reynolds for Mike Napoli kind of deal. It's a different fit for a different team for both sides kind of deal
If Santana is so good, why not just keep him? And as mentioned, he's pretty cheap too. If you're just looking for a defense-first 1B, those guys come cheap and aren't going to cost you Santana.

I don't see a MLB 1B for 1B swap unless you are taking on a bad contract or there are some odd circumstances. We've gone over this a bunch in this thread, but the main types of trades are either 1. MLB player(s) for prospect(s), 2. prospect(s) for MLB player(s), 3. MLB player for MLB player at another position, or rarely 4. prospect for prospect at another position. You don't see teams trading for and from the same position in the same MLB deal.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #51
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Happ was just signed to a market value contract, so no. That's also assuming a ton of risk. Also kind of an overpay.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Well Happ was just moved to the bullpen for me so I guess I could see how he does in that role. I am looking for a left handed bat and a very good starter come trade deadline. Bruce fits one of those on the wish list.

Maybe I'll give Pompey and a lesser guy then Vlad and keep Happ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #52
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Thinking about a package of

Judge, Sanchez, Refsnyder, Gardner and Wade for Stanton. Marlins get a surplus of prospects plus someone to replace Stanton's spot in the Outfield.

Could I get anything for Chase Headley? I'd be willing to take on a bloated contract. Perhaps a back of the rotation arm?
Save the farm system. The Yankees have a ton of money coming off the books in the next 2 seasons.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #53
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
If Santana is so good, why not just keep him? And as mentioned, he's pretty cheap too. If you're just looking for a defense-first 1B, those guys come cheap and aren't going to cost you Santana.
C'mon, you've never just flat-out struggled hitting with a guy?

OP: The closest guy I could really see is Lucas Duda, unless you like Mark Teixeira. You could grab Evan Gattis, Jon Singleton or Tyler White and some additional stuff from the Astros, I could totally see that, but none are as good as Santana. That's pretty realistic, though.

I also think the Pirates would give you Josh Bell, and that might be exactly what you're looking for, if you're willing to be a bit patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Well Happ was just moved to the bullpen for me so I guess I could see how he does in that role. I am looking for a left handed bat and a very good starter come trade deadline. Bruce fits one of those on the wish list.

Maybe I'll give Pompey and a lesser guy then Vlad and keep Happ.
Do you really think Jay Bruce is worth Dalton Pompey+? I don't see it. The Jays nearly traded Saunders for him, and had $8m of his contract eaten.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #54
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Do you really think Jay Bruce is worth Dalton Pompey+? I don't see it. The Jays nearly traded Saunders for him, and had $8m of his contract eaten.
This is why I posted it here lol. Thats what it would require from them to do the deal. I have 30 team control though so I could pass a trade through. What would you think would be fair for the Jays to give for Bruce then?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
C'mon, you've never just flat-out struggled hitting with a guy?

OP: The closest guy I could really see is Lucas Duda, unless you like Mark Teixeira. You could grab Evan Gattis, Jon Singleton or Tyler White and some additional stuff from the Astros, I could totally see that, but none are as good as Santana. That's pretty realistic, though.

I also think the Pirates would give you Josh Bell, and that might be exactly what you're looking for, if you're willing to be a bit patient.
That's not how the logic was laid out. The OP didn't mention that he "couldn't hit with Santana" as being the reason for the trade. The post mentioned basically wanting to upgrade at 1B and not wanting to deal anything of value aside from his current 1B. I don't see anything realistic about that, unless, of course, he wants a prospect like Singleton or Bell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #56
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
That's not how the logic was laid out. The OP didn't mention that he "couldn't hit with Santana" as being the reason for the trade. The post mentioned basically wanting to upgrade at 1B and not wanting to deal anything of value aside from his current 1B. I don't see anything realistic about that, unless, of course, he wants a prospect like Singleton or Bell.
I'm assuming he's not looking to straight rip the guy. I can relate, having RA Dickey and Marco Estrada in my rotation, there are some guys that while you don't think they're bad players, they're not great to play with. Duda, the Stros guys and Bell are all comparable value, at least. I think Pittsburgh is a very good fit. Why wait for Bell, who isn't a sure thing, when they can add a great bat to their lineup? Whereas OP gets a bat that I could actually see being, productivity wise, fairly similar to Santana.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »