Home

How to Set Up 30 Team Control

This is a discussion on How to Set Up 30 Team Control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #225
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: How to Set Up 30 Team Control

I've used 30 team control for years but for some reason it's not working right this year. I set my two profiles up for mostly auto for 29 teams, mostly manual for the Tigers. Set them all for franchise mode. When you go to the set team association screen in my franchise, 29 teams say Experienced4, the Tigers say experienced3. However I keep having the CPU do roster moves for me. So I double checked my mode-specific options. No issue there. I've tried setting the profile at the top of the screen (the screen with gameplay options, presentation options, etc.) to both experienced 3 and experienced 4. Doesnt' seem to make a difference. On the Team screen with the manage roster, lineup, rotation, training, morale, and DL options I've even moved the option from auto to manual. However when I do that, it moves that option for ALL the teams not just the Tigers.

I'm perplexed at this point what I'm doing wrong. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quick question...when I am setting up a franchise and using 30-team control when I get to the part where you have the three boxes listed as COACHING TASKS, PLAYER DEVELOPMENT TASKS and GENERAL MANAGER TASKS how do I need to set these?

Default is MANUAL, AUTO, AUTO. Is this right or do I need to change something?

Plus it only shows the Orioles in the bottom right corner. Is this right or is there something I need to do to access the other teams?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #227
Rookie

10 char.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #228
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I've used 30 team control for years but for some reason it's not working right this year. I set my two profiles up for mostly auto for 29 teams, mostly manual for the Tigers. Set them all for franchise mode. When you go to the set team association screen in my franchise, 29 teams say Experienced4, the Tigers say experienced3. However I keep having the CPU do roster moves for me. So I double checked my mode-specific options. No issue there. I've tried setting the profile at the top of the screen (the screen with gameplay options, presentation options, etc.) to both experienced 3 and experienced 4. Doesnt' seem to make a difference. On the Team screen with the manage roster, lineup, rotation, training, morale, and DL options I've even moved the option from auto to manual. However when I do that, it moves that option for ALL the teams not just the Tigers.

I'm perplexed at this point what I'm doing wrong. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
I'm having this same issue. All teams default back to whatever my default setting is.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #229
Pro

OVR: 5

Can someone help me out here, I'm trying to start a franchise with the latest SCEA rosters, but when I start the franchise (start at regular season, not spring) the lineups/rotations are all reset. I've seen you can select all teams, start in spring, and manually reassign players from the 40 man to their respective levels, but how can I avoid this? I want to use a single team with the current SCEA rosters (and lineups/rotations).

Strangely, I've tried using the OSFM roster and the reassigning doesn't happen with them, not sure what the difference is.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #230
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
Just to reiterate regarding questions about line ups using 30 team control. You must start out using only 25 man rosters and then sim spring training. After you sim ST, then you manually add the 15 guys to each team. Everything will be fine after that. It really only takes about an hour to add guys on rosters. I also manually injured guys to reflect real life and I was done in 1.5 hours.
how do you MANUALLY move guys to the IR? I have a season going where I'd like to emulate the actual season.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #231
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
how do you MANUALLY move guys to the IR? I have a season going where I'd like to emulate the actual season.

Make sure you have injuries set to manual. Go to each teams Disabled List and I think you click R1 or R2 and then the roster will come up. Just click on the guy you want and then select whatever injury and length of time you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #232
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
Make sure you have injuries set to manual. Go to each teams Disabled List and I think you click R1 or R2 and then the roster will come up. Just click on the guy you want and then select whatever injury and length of time you want.
This does not work. Pressing R1, R2 or any combination of triggers does not allow a "roster to come up" from the DL screen or allow you to manually injure or un-injure a player during franchise mode. R1 and R2 are to change teams and to change from their major and minor league rosters (respectively) on the roster screen, that's it. I cannot figure out any way to un-injure players from simulated injuries during the course of a franchise season, and I don't know of it ever being an option in The Show. I wish it were. If someone knows of a concrete way to do this, please share it with the community.

Last edited by artvandeleghe; 07-31-2017 at 05:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »