Home

How to Set Up 30 Team Control

This is a discussion on How to Set Up 30 Team Control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #41
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How to Set Up 30 Team Control

I just ran a test franchise after posting that. And you're right, I never thought of that until just now. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
1-Are you saving the profiles?
2-When changing profiles are you hitting APPLY CHANGES?
3-Are you loading the right profile when changing?
4-Are you assigning the right profiles for teams(assuming you did apply the changes as well)??

M.K.
Knight165
Oops. I'm embarrassed to report to the community that this entire time I thought we were dealing with the profiles in my PS4, not making profiles within MLB The Show. Sorry about that. I really had no idea. Anyhow. I did manage to set up 30 team control, with one team as my profile and the other 29 set to one I called "CPU". I'm about to start opening day and see how it goes.

Again, really sorry for all the confusion on my part. I appreciate everyone's help!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #43
Rookie

I guess I spoke too soon. I've got my two separate profiles set up, I have one for my team and a CPU for the rest of the teams.. Everything looks fine. But, I go to play opening day, and I'm just a spectator. The game just plays itself, and all I can do is watch. There must be something I'm still missing. Any ideas?

EDIT - Sorry again. I figured it out. I think I'll go hide somewhere and not post for 7 or 9 months.

Last edited by Juzbee; 04-19-2016 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm an idiot
Old 04-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #44
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
For other teams, no. And you can get the scorebar with 30 team control. You just have to simulate all the games you're not playing before you play yours. Then they'll play out in real-time
THIS IS WHAT IM DOING WRONG!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #45
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
I went through everything last night,

Placed all players on DL that should have been.

Added all players who were not to 40 Man

Placed all players who were in A into AAA or MLB with small DL time so they will arrive there in time.

Corrected all Lineups and Rotations for Opening Day

All took me a matter of about 3 hours. Already 2 games into my Franchise so I think the work was worth it to make it a great franchise.

I'm going all in to 30 team control this year, as I've seen with a couple of my past franchises. Simply going through a couple years (I play every game), the game cannot sustain itself on Single Player Franchise. I wish this wasn't the case but I'm very happy that I learned how to set everything up last year, Y2Y is so good a feature to pass up and start new every year.

Why not put in the work and make the franchise able to last a few years?
How did you dl players?
I have to profiles with injury management set to manual and im still asked about other teamsing injuries when i sim.
When i go to disable list i cant do anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
1-Are you saving the profiles?
2-When changing profiles are you hitting APPLY CHANGES?
3-Are you loading the right profile when changing?
4-Are you assigning the right profiles for teams(assuming you did apply the changes as well)??

M.K.
Knight165
Knight, several years back you showed us how to control a franchise(if you want to play it out like real life) and set the options up where you can still control the playoff rosters by placing guys on DL for one series so they are still on the playoff roster. I haven't played this in a few years so I cannot remember how you said to set it up at the beginning of the season

One year I played my whole season and however I initially set the franchise options up I made it where I couldn't control the DL manually therefore couldn't change my playoff roster from series to series. If you remember what I'm talking about you mind to give out that info again? Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am curious about this answer to the playoff DL myself. I'm going to give 30 team a try ,from my normal 1 team chise this year Excited ! Question. What do you guys do with trades once turned on ? Do you have to deny approve when they go through or are purposes by cpu ? Or do you have to trade back guys when the ridiculous trades you don't want go through ? I'm curious as to what happens trade wise. Thanks 4 replies in advance

Last edited by gfunkadelphia; 04-21-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #48
Rookie

What i used to do a few years back with 30 control is sim the games prior to the game I was playing but not look at the screen. This way I still get the scoreboard and I don't get spoiled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »