Home

How to Set Up 30 Team Control

This is a discussion on How to Set Up 30 Team Control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #57
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Set Up 30 Team Control

Just to reiterate regarding questions about line ups using 30 team control. You must start out using only 25 man rosters and then sim spring training. After you sim ST, then you manually add the 15 guys to each team. Everything will be fine after that. It really only takes about an hour to add guys on rosters. I also manually injured guys to reflect real life and I was done in 1.5 hours.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #58
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue02
Just to reiterate regarding questions about line ups using 30 team control. You must start out using only 25 man rosters and then sim spring training. After you sim ST, then you manually add the 15 guys to each team. Everything will be fine after that. It really only takes about an hour to add guys on rosters. I also manually injured guys to reflect real life and I was done in 1.5 hours.
Thank you for the response to my question on the last page. The issue with doing this is, I have a carryover franchise file from MLB15 The Show (and 14 before that) and don't know how or if what you are saying can be done for mine. I started out with a 1986 roster file 2 years ago and am now up to the 1988 season...

This year is the first time it is happening to me where the CPU is taking over roster control from me (sending guys up and down from AAA), even though i am set to full manual 30 team control for everything. It really sucks for replayability
Old 04-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #59
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

How do you guys deal with the guys that will miss the entire year b/c of injuries such as tommy john surgery pitchers? Do you just keep them in A ball for the year then bring them up for the following year? Not sure how to handle this.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 04-27-2016, 12:53 AM   #60
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
How do you guys deal with the guys that will miss the entire year b/c of injuries such as tommy john surgery pitchers? Do you just keep them in A ball for the year then bring them up for the following year? Not sure how to handle this.
You can manually injure them. Turn injuries to manual, go to the DL, hit R1 or L1 and it allows you to injure a player and decide the length of time.

That's what I've done in the past.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #61
Rookie

Is there a way to set up 30 team controll and do a fantasy draft so that you don't have to draft for all 30 teams bUT just 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #62
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
Is there a way to set up 30 team controll and do a fantasy draft so that you don't have to draft for all 30 teams bUT just 1
No. No way to do that.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #63
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizioN
If you're looking to only mess with your team of choice, and don't mind what the CPU does with the other teams, I would go with the 25-man roster. Basically, take the 25-man roster that had corrected lineups and rotations, start your franchise, ensure that you have lineups set to manual in your settings, and sim Spring Training. After Spring Training, every team will still have their lineups and rotations that they did at the beginning before you simmed. At that point, all you must do is add your extra 15 players to your 40-man, and you're good to go for your team.

I honestly feel that's the easiest way to create your franchise with it starting in correspondence with real life, but allowing it to take its own course. All teams' lineups and rotations will be in tact, and you will at least have your own 40-man as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
The thing about using 25 instead is the CPU will never call guys up unless there is an injury and I believe the injured guys in A ball will never get called up. After the first season none of that matters anyway.

Kind of depends on what you want - realistic lineups/rotations based on real life or a MLB world with it's own life. I prefer the 40 man.

I also don't recall the cpu messing up their roster too much. I saw plenty of prospects that stayed in the minors after advancing Spring Training.

I hope I am not getting some of these things confused with the 25/40 rosters.
Ok so here's what I am looking for. It's a bit of 'the best of both worlds', I think...

I want to be able to use 40 players in spring training, so as to use younger players to get a feel for them.

I want to have opening day be as close to realistic as possible (within reason).

I want the CPU to trade, and call up prospects as per real world situations (not nec. to mimic real life--but I want call ups/send downs to happen; presumably performance based). I'm ok with an 'alternate universe', as long as it stays reasonable (don't want stupid lineups/trades).

------------------------------------------------

So I'm thinking before I start franchise, that I need to set ATL up with the 40 players I want to use in ST; every other team leave at the OSFM 25 man.

Then I am a bit confused as to how to proceed once I play/sim through spring training, I would've thought that if I have everything at manual for ATL, then nothing will change with my roster by simply 'advancing to season'. This, apparently is not an accurate assumption? The CPU will adjust my MLB, AAA, AA rosters based on ratings? If this is the case, and I were to then go in and fix to my liking--would it change as each day passes through the season? Surely that can't be the case.

Sorry if any of this is confusing. Thank you all for helping me work through this!

**Posted this elsewhere, just wanted to get more eyes on it--thx.**
Old 04-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #64
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Ok so here's what I am looking for. It's a bit of 'the best of both worlds', I think...

I want to be able to use 40 players in spring training, so as to use younger players to get a feel for them.

I want to have opening day be as close to realistic as possible (within reason).

I want the CPU to trade, and call up prospects as per real world situations (not nec. to mimic real life--but I want call ups/send downs to happen; presumably performance based). I'm ok with an 'alternate universe', as long as it stays reasonable (don't want stupid lineups/trades).

------------------------------------------------

So I'm thinking before I start franchise, that I need to set ATL up with the 40 players I want to use in ST; every other team leave at the OSFM 25 man.

Then I am a bit confused as to how to proceed once I play/sim through spring training, I would've thought that if I have everything at manual for ATL, then nothing will change with my roster by simply 'advancing to season'. This, apparently is not an accurate assumption? The CPU will adjust my MLB, AAA, AA rosters based on ratings? If this is the case, and I were to then go in and fix to my liking--would it change as each day passes through the season? Surely that can't be the case.

Sorry if any of this is confusing. Thank you all for helping me work through this!

**Posted this elsewhere, just wanted to get more eyes on it--thx.**
At the end of ST, set your 25 man roster for your MLB, AAA, and AA teams and the CPU won't change it. It only makes adjustments if there are more than 25 guys on each roster. As long as you keep everything on manual for the profile you have assigned to your team, then you will get notifications when you need to make adjustments (DL moves, roster moves when guys return from the DL, etc.)

The only thing that changes is lineups for simmed games. If that's a big deal for you, then use Statcast to simulate each game. That will allow you to set up your lineup to your liking before the game, then you can exit out once the Simcast starts and the game will simulate like normal.

Do the same for CPU teams if you want those accurate as well. For your CPU profile, set the 40 man and roster moves to Manual and they won't adjust after advancing to the regular season. If you're concerned about lineups for the CPU, too, then you can use the Statcast workaround listed above.

For trades, there isn't much you can do since they've removed pending trades. You can try to trade guys back when they make dumb trades, but it doesn't always work unless you have force trades on. Personally, I have trades on Manual and will just make them myself. Otherwise, I recommend saving after each day so if there is a dumb trade, you can re-load and account for it.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 04-29-2016 at 02:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »