Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:54 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

Marlins franchise for me but not yet decided if I can wait until osfm. I'll start a Rockies franchise first while I wait but if I can't contain myself until osfm then I'll jump into my Marlins franchise sooner rather than later.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #34
Pro

If anyone can clarify the below, it would be appreciated.

Franchise mode is essentially the same as in '16, in terms of how the league news is shared, the look (in general), the options to manage your franchise, feedback etc? Obviously the enhanced presentation, on field and graphical stuff all helps, as if im in it for 162 games (i dont make the playoffs ) Then its nice to have.

I appreciate we have new tack on items such as the quicker play option and the player quirks to give the lineups a bit more individuality. But am I missing something key?

Ive bought this game annually but last year I just lost interest too quickly for my liking and as Franchise is my go-to mode, I dont want to pay 40 quid for something thats not going to see the light of day.

Maybe bailing on 16 early will be that re-charge I need, but I just dont want to go into 17 and feel as if this is a quick tickle.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Going to transfer over my fantasy Cardinals (Year 2) and 1987 Yankees franchises (Year 3). Love those two files! Cardinals will be a play every pitch, 1987 Yankees will move to a play one quick manage 5 franchise after playing every pitch for 2 straight seasons.

Once the OSFM 40 man roster drops, I will embark on a brand new Yankees franchise using quick manage in a play one quick manage 5 franchise. Can’t wait to continue the rebuild for the Bronx Bombers!

Also will play a 1993 Marlins Season Replay play one quick manage 5 as well. This new quick manage feature for me is a godsend. I now will feel in far more control of my simulation games and can jump in to key AB’s, pitcher situations etc and get through multiple classic season replays!!!

Tremendous new feature.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #36
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going to be interested in starting a Brewers franchise within The Show. It's going to be odd for me, because I will have to get used to losing being part of playing the game, and worrying about rookies and when to start making grabs for free agents...

Maybe I can get them a World Series within 2 years.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #37
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

Well continue my Yankees franchise but osfm drops I may start over or may just continue my carry over save

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #38
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

For offline franchise, I usually start out playing as a Phillies AA minor league coach(with OSFM rosters), allowing the CPU to sign, trade, call up, and send down players till I get "self promoted" after a winning season, to head coach in the majors. It sucks when they call up your young studs you helped develop and they send you back duds, but its also a challenge to work with and develop the new draft picks and young stars at their lower level of competition.

The new "quirks" might pose a challenge to roster creators, but I have faith the collective OSFM effort will get it right.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #39
Just started!

Me and my friends are looking to run an Online Franchise with the league full of user players. The roster will be the OSFM roster, but with a slight boost to the potentials of certain prospects. If you would be interested in joining for when the game releases, send me a message on PlayStation @B-Raww8
Old 03-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #40
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going with the Astros this year. Mike Scott will be my ace if he's in the game this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »