Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #57
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

Does online work for you guys? I cant load my franchise from the cloud
Old 03-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Does online work for you guys? I cant load my franchise from the cloud
No servers up yet. You can still load it if you have the save from the year before on the system.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Just got a cool dose of the opposite spectrum of Humanity AI on the same play. Grounder hit directly to the 2nd Baseman so he's taking his time on the throw, but it was offline and pulled the 1st Baseman off the base. The runner is still hustling down the line, I push the RS towards the 1st base and man did A. Gonzalez turn on the afterburners to get to the base to get the out. It's on my twitter feed if you want to see it in action.

Theme 2 presentation, is this OSD new? I don't recall seeing it last year. It popped up between pitches.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #60

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys, please remember this thread is for impressions only. Ask any questions you have in the Q&A thread. If you hit the multi-quote button (either in tapatalk, OS App, or from the desktop) you can take it over that thread so the person you are asking is tagged.

I'd also ask even those with the game to keep the thread to impressions and not back and worth about other things as to avoid confusion with others.

Thanks to all for your help.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
MLB The Show 17 Impressions only.

Borderline ridiculous with what RR & crew over at SCEA have done with MLB The Show 17. Just when you think it can get better but not by much and these guys provides this years gem. Unreal!!!

Can't speak for regular PS4 and non 4K tv owners but if you don't have both then hightail your butts over and get it if it's within your budgets.

Game looks and plays F'n awesome!!! NBA 2K17 is officially 2nd again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-25-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #62
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks to Sony San Diego Studios for making the best baseball game ever developed. Also to entire OS community. What great thing hasn't been mentioned yet? I'll start my saying I'm currently playing on regular PS4 and a 55" Samsung KU6300. No HDR for me but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the visuals. The game looks and feels amazing and jump from 16 to 17 is a galaxy away.

The thing that feels the best is playing the outfield this yr since the players have weight to them. Hitting also feels a lot more organic and hit types are what has been advertised.

Regarding the lighting I'm seeing shadows and sun light appearing in real time which is phenomenal.

My favorite addition to the game is the new player models. There's a difference in body types for all players. Cubs fans will go nuts seeing how accurate all their players look. My favorite players to play so far are Dansby Swanson, Billy Hamilton and Alex Bregman. But overall I feel all 30 teams received same type of work in terms of faces and bodies. Again this makes game look so realistic and something I wanted added for yrs.

I simply can't wait for OSFM this yr and start season.

I will add things here when I see fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #63
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Sorry I have not been posting many impressions, but I have been playing and answering as many PM's as I could.

This game is honestly the best its ever been for me.

From gameplay, to graphics, to commentary, to ball physics, to ball parks it is all just simply amazing.

I probably could go on for pages it is just that good. Everything I have wanted fixed is fixed. Even stuff I did not know I wanted fixed has been fixed. With the new booth it is just a brand new game for me.

Very simply this is Baseball at its finest. I don't know what else to really say without seeming like a gushing fan boy. This game is no longer "showing its age" in my opinion it is firmly on top of the pack once again. (For me it always was, but I understand why some felt differently)

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Sorry I have not been posting many impressions, but I have been playing and answering as many PM's as I could.

This game is honestly the best its ever been for me.

From gameplay, to graphics, to commentary, to ball physics, to ball parks it is all just simply amazing.

I probably could go on for pages it is just that good. Everything I have wanted fixed is fixed. Even stuff I did not know I wanted fixed has been fixed. With the new booth it is just a brand new game for me.

Very simply this is Baseball at its finest. I don't know what else to really say without seeming like a gushing fan boy. This game is no longer "showing its age" in my opinion it is firmly on top of the pack once again. (For me it always was, but I understand why some felt differently)
My sentiments as well. My only little request is for them to make Player Quirks a OSD in between at bats every now and then. Because it's so new, I sometimes forget they are there for scouting. Left on the D-Pad is also cool.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-25-2017 at 03:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »