Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #745
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Going to start up my annual let's see if I stick with this one RTTS. My last attempt was as a more top of the order SS/2B, so I'm going a different direction this year. With forced position changes, I'm going to start out as a catcher with 1B as a secondary. I can only assume catcher will get tedious after a while and I'll welcome a chance to play less D and focus more on hitting.

Made my guy a little bigger this time, 6-3 210, and he swings lefty. Profile is good raw power and strong arm with the potential to be a plus bat. By the time I did all the creation stuff and equipment, I only did the scouting showcase. IIRC, I was scouted 40 CON 60 POW 55 FLD 70THR 30 SPD. Next up are the showcase games.

At this point I'm leaning towards college, as I'd prefer to come out a little older and hopefully better. You get a slight attribute bump by going to school, right?
You get more training points

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #746
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Played through April in Altoona, had quite a few days off due to catching; I wish I would DH occasionally. The bat is starting to heat up with a triple-slash of around 300/400/450; not much power yet, but I socked a few doubles of late. Still looking for that first HR.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #747
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

In mid-May with Altoona, now playing 3rd base. Made a few nice diving stops & throws with showtime, but not too much action at the hot corner. The position change hasn't slowed down my bat, hitting something like 330/400/550 with 4 HR & 19 RBI. Dynamic difficulty has ramped up to HOF+ so let's see if I cool off as it warms up...

I noticed Cervelli went down with a 1-2 month injury (it's sooo rrrreaallll haa), so the timing of my switch from behind the dish doesn't make too much sense. By rating, I'm neck & neck with Chris Stewart for #3 in the org -- with us being very different types of players, obviously. On the other hand, the Pirates aren't terribly deep at 3B either. If it's my choice what position I play, I'm not sure what I'll pick. Games go quicker at 3B, but I miss calling a game for the young Pirates prospects.

Last edited by Qb; 08-28-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #748
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

I did a closer for my RTTS, in my second year I went from triple A to double A. That's after I had a great first year. Ugh so frustrating. They didn't use me till the 6 or 7 game. Wish I didn't pick a closer, but I have played all of the games so far so no going back. Weird thing was at end of season 1, it sound like I was going get a call for the majors. Damn you stinking Seattle. Think my stats were 29 saves in triple A with under 3 era.

Last edited by timisone; 09-20-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #749
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Who needs pitching in RTTS when you have SIX leading silver sluggers in your lineup? A couple weeks past the trade deadline after we acquired Eric Thames, and we just keep on rollin.

1-5, 7 are leading silver sluggers (I am Dane Marshall). Add in the fact Kris Davis was an All-Star for us and had 105 rbi for us last year, though not having as great a year this year.

Another cool storyline that has developed this season with this is the fact that the Red Sox have 5 leading gold glovers in Holt, Andrelton Simmons, Benintendi, Pillar, Betts

Old 10-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #750
Rookie

Anyone know if 1 year deals, long-term deals, agreement to much lower pay during arbitration matter? Can the AI possibly see the extra money in the team budget and get better players/talent in the offseason?

Also, has anyone experienced a top player in their lineup actually re-sign with the team when their free agency comes around? They always seem to sign with another team not even 2-3 days after the season ends.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 AM   #751
Rookie

Currently playing through a RTTS with the Drillers. In my first year through mid July I'm hitting 254 with 8 homers and 33 RBIs. I am leading the team with 16 doubles as well. I was hitting 280. at the end of the first half but I've been in a slump recently. I've hit 3 home runs in the last 3 games, but beyond that I can't catch a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 03:18 PM   #752
MVP

forme95's Arena

If you don't post a secondary position, will that stop the manager from moving you to a different position? I currently have 2 players, one is a power hitter Jim Thome type 3B and my other is a contact speedy CF'er. If I don't give them secondary positions, will they stay in those positions?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »