Home

Official MLB The Show 17 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB The Show 17 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB The Show 17 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle1212
Knowing the CPU will not draft any RP until the 9th round, do most of you end up with Andrew Miller? If not, why not?
I use to always end up with miller and betances as well as another top rp by drafting them in rounds 7 8 and 9. I have since changed miller and betances to CP for a fantasy draft roster.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 5

Drafted last night and ended up with a good team IMO (I'm at work and forgot some of the players I ended up with)

ROTATION
Tanaka
Archer
Paxton
Happ
Chatwood

PEN
Jim Johnson
Felipe Rivero
Forgot the rest lol

C Wilson contreras
1b cj cron
2b Brandon drury
Ss lindor
3b schimpf
Lf piscotty
Cf inciarte
Rf Duvall
Dh tommy Joseph

Bench
Seth smith
La stella
Elias Diaz

I'll update when I get home and see. I forgot my pen mostly and chatwood is actually my 6th starter, cant remember who is
Old 04-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #75
Rookie

Cool Re: Official MLB The Show 17 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
I use to always end up with miller and betances as well as another top rp by drafting them in rounds 7 8 and 9. I have since changed miller and betances to CP for a fantasy draft roster.
That's not a bad idea. I may do that and re-draft. I drafted last night and played one game. Randomly selected a team and landed on the Royals. With a big ballpark I wanted to go pitching heavy, especially relief. I drafted Miller, Betances, Nate Jones, and K-rod in 6-9 rounds. And had Syndergaard as my ace. My offense consisted of alot of speed guys with Marte as my headliner.

I played the Twins in the opener and opened up a 4-0 lead thru 6. Then the Twins hit 2 HRs off Syndergaard in the 7th to make it 4-3. Nate Jones allowed 2 hits in the 8th to put runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. I brought in Miller, who promptly hit the first batter to load the bases, but then got a K and popout to end the threat. K-rod breezed thru the 9th for the save. So my relief worked out pretty much like I drew it up.

All that said, I like the idea of making Miller and Betances closers and re-drafting. Will try that tonight and see how it looks. Miller is the #1 guy I want, and I'll probably draft 2 closers early so I can use him like the Indians do. This is the first year I've done a fantasy draft franchise but it seems intriguing so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #76
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Knowing the CPU will not draft any RP until the 9th round, do most of you end up with Andrew Miller? If not, why not?
I always end up with him or Betances because I'm looking to draft a reliever around the 6th-9th rounds and they're always available.

But I'm loving the idea of changing them to closers and re-drafting even though I really like my team.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I always end up with him or Betances because I'm looking to draft a reliever around the 6th-9th rounds and they're always available.

But I'm loving the idea of changing them to closers and re-drafting even though I really like my team.
I've decided for sure I'm doing this tonight. I want Miller though. Not sure how early he will be drafted as a closer. My goal will be to get him plus another elite closer. And I will still be guaranteed a plus reliever or 2 in the 8th-9th rounds since none will be drafted before then. I'm stockpiling relievers and speed. I'll post my team when I'm done.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #78
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Not sure how early he will be drafted as a closer.
Run a test draft where you have the CPU draft until you see Miller taken, then restart.
He'll most likely be one of the first 2 or 3 closers taken, so it'll probably be fairly early.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:08 AM   #79
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Quote:
I don't - don't wanna stack my team

Phillies Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day
Old 04-22-2017, 06:13 AM   #80
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Has anyone been able to do a 30 team control draft with no freezing?

I want to do a 30 team control and draft every teams 25 man roster (with my own set of house rules to pick best available regardless of position in the first 10 rounds, then fill out the remaining 15 based on need first then BPA) then do auto picking for the other 29 teams after I have their 25 man roster in place.

I just don't want to invest the time if the game will freeze up.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.
I'll run through one here in a little bit. I'm off, and never did a 30 team. I'll let you know what the deal is when I'm done

Phillies Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »