Home

MLB The Show 17 Q&A

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Q&A within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 02:48 AM   #1137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Q&A

I noticed today while playing one of my RTTS saves, hes name is Albert, that some fans shouted "you can do it Albert!" Etc.

I was wondering if this kind off stuff applies to all names that have audio recorded, or are there just specific names?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #1138
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone know for sure if quick counts takes away from the game at all, like presentation, etc.? I just have a hard time getting opposing starters to throw lots of pitches so they usually always last 7+ innings unless I shell them.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #1139
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
Does anyone know for sure if quick counts takes away from the game at all, like presentation, etc.? I just have a hard time getting opposing starters to throw lots of pitches so they usually always last 7+ innings unless I shell them.
Quick counts do not change any of the presentation features. You still get all of the replays and walk-ups. The only difference is that when the batter steps in the box you get a small pop up telling you what the count is. It's a really good way to run up some pitch counts and bump up your walks as well. I would never walk otherwise.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #1140
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzalla13
Can someone please explain to me how I can get my custom camera to stay where I want it? Does the batter's height make a difference? Every batter I'm constantly having to redo my camera

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Batter's height does not make a difference, but handedness does. If you are offsetting the camera, it will go side to side sort of like the umpire does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
Can someone please tell me Judge's current power ratings I am still on 16 and am wondering where he is with the updated roster. Thanks!
http://daddyleagues.com/dd and search by player. This will give you all the updated ratings you could ever ask for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
Does a fatigue has an influence ingame ? Like struggle to hitting the ball or making more mistakes ?
Yes, it has an influence. It is a small influence like 5% or something to their hitting and fielding but you rarely actually have to rest them. There is also a higher risk of injury to that player with high fatigue. Unless the fatigue is really high, I may not rest them.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #1141
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I brought up Sam Travis mid-season, real-life player but he's created in the game, and when I quick manage his hat is an MLB hat rather than a Red Sox hat...

Anyone know why this would be happening?
Thanks

EDIT: When I go into the game and back to QM, his hat is a Red Sox hat, this is a weird little glitch I guess?...

Last edited by TGov; 06-29-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #1142
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Is it possible to throw an inside slider WITHOUT hitting someone?

95% of the time it hits them
Old 07-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #1143
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Does anyone else's game crash when they try to upload anything to the cloud? My buddies does which makes it annoying for the franchise we share. We have to email the file when he's sharing it which isn't terrible, but being able to use the cloud would be a lot more convenient.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2017, 01:51 AM   #1144
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Is it possible to throw an inside slider WITHOUT hitting someone?

95% of the time it hits them
I throw a low inside slider fairly often, and have only hit a batter a couple of times. I would not throw a high inside slider for fear of the homerun ball, but I'd imagine that has a higher risk to hit the batter (sliders loose some of their horizontal break when thrown up in the zone, so if you start a high pitch inside of the zone like you would a low pitch, it probably will not break enough to catch the zone, making it more likely to catch the batter. That applies to RHP vs RHB where the slider is supposed to run away from the batter. In the scenario where the slider breaks towards the batter, it may depend on your pitching interface. I remember in years past I used an interface that showed the "straight" destination without factoring in break. Throwing sliders with your 3/4 delivery starter then bringing in a sidearm reliever and using the same placement is one good way to hit batters

Question on dynamic difficulty:
Does the game take the talent of your team into account?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »