Home

MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released

This is a discussion on MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

The MLB The Show 17 team released a new patch for The Show this morning, with fixes seeming to focus in on the online experience in The Show.

Online Specific Gameplay Improvements and Stabilizations
  • Fixed a number of issues that could result in a soft hang during and online game. Includes pickoffs, throws to unoccupied bases, and pitches in the dirt.
  • Adjustments made to eliminate an occasional pitch that would cause the ball to change direction in midflight, resulting in strikes being called balls, and vice versa.
  • Fixed an exploit in Challenge of the Week that was allowing users to record extremely high scores.
  • Swing analysis will no longer show your opponent's plate coverage indicator when you are pitching. The PCI location was incorrect (for the pitching user) and this removal is intended to clear up some of the confusion it was cuasing.
Misc
  • Fixed an issue where "Team Epic" Mission stats and wins would not track after completing a "Play with Friends" game, then entering into a "Play vs. CPU" game.
  • Corrected minor issues with various Universal Profile achievements.
  • Addressed issues with Universal Profile name plates and icons.
  • Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments made throughout the game.

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '17 v1.08 Patch Released

Wild pitches still need to fixed. Hopefully it's addressed in the patch.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Wild pitches still need to fixed. Hopefully it's addressed in the patch.
It's not first game post patch and I scored three runs on wild pitches, back to back to back.

I'm done. As good as this game could have been, it's just a mess for me.Every patch I've played 10-15 games. I have given up. There is not enough kool-aid in the world for me to drink and enjoy this game in its current state. I'm glad some of you are really enjoying it, I really am. But I'm going back to 16 for good now and probably for a good bit.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #4
Rookie

gp005's Arena

OVR: 0

Wild pitches happen so often that I retreat my basrunners when I see the going... unless it's a legit wild pitch that goes weeks beyond the catcher.... it keeps me honest

I think they happen so often cause cpu controlled team catcher is always stationed middle plate.. while your catcher moves left or right depending where the pitch is anticipated (pre pitch)
Old 06-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Bullit,

In well over 140 offline franchise games now I have never scored runs on back to back to back wild pitches from the CPU.

And rarely have I scored runs period on wild pitches. It has happened and rightfully so as it happens IRL. But nothing even close to the degree you and some others have claimed.

Yes wild pitches are higher. And we all talk about it but also a lot of us have really been able to easily overcome it. Obviously you can't. No fault of yours obviously.

But your Kool Aide comment is offensive.

It's one thing if you don't enjoy the game and I totally respect that.

But don't insult our intelligence with the Kool Aide comment.

Really uncalled for.

There are many of us here who are enjoying the heck out of this game. And also feel it is easily the best this series has produced.

And the warts (MLB 16 has some ugly ones too) are being greatly exaggerated here. By the same members over and over and over.

Enjoy MLB16. It is a great game. Warts and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I was a harsh critic in the early going of the past ball issues. It has definitely improved to me. Yes they still happen too often but nowhere to the extent some have referenced.

I was in the camp that if they didn't make improvement I would trade the game in. I'm sorry that you aren't able to experience a better game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Bullit,

In well over 140 offline franchise games now I have never scored runs on back to back to back wild pitches from the CPU.

And rarely have I scored runs period on wild pitches. It has happened and rightfully so as it happens IRL. But nothing even close to the degree you and some others have claimed.

Yes wild pitches are higher. And we all talk about it but also a lot of us have really been able to easily overcome it. Obviously you can't. No fault of yours obviously.

But your Kool Aide comment is offensive.

It's one thing if you don't enjoy the game and I totally respect that.

But don't insult our intelligence with the Kool Aide comment.

Really uncalled for.

There are many of us here who are enjoying the heck out of this game. And also feel it is easily the best this series has produced.

And the warts (MLB 16 has some ugly ones too) are being greatly exaggerated here. By the same members over and over and over.

Enjoy MLB16 it is a great game. Warts and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sorry you find my comments offensive, that was not the way they were intended nor aimed at anybody on this forum.

I am glad that you are enjoying the game, I really am.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #8

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I was a harsh critic in the early going of the past ball issues. It has definitely improved to me. Yes they still happen too often but nowhere to the extent some have referenced.

I was in the camp that if they didn't make improvement I would trade the game in. I'm sorry that you aren't able to experience a better game.
It's for sure better then it was at release when I was throwing 5x more then I should have been but even with the improvements I'm still throwing them 3x more then I should be. Having said that I've moved on from worrying about it, nothing I can do about it at this point. I hope they tighten it up and if they would just make the catcher throw down to the base with some sort of urgency it might solve some of it as at least guys would be thrown out trying to advance when they shouldn't. Of course the downside to that is if the game isn't coded in such a way that the CPU won't try to advance then we might end up with an issue of the base runners being thrown out consistently and killing innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »