Home

Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan!

This is a discussion on Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
This has been mentioned in this forum before, but yeah, a "choose your seat" or "choose your section" type of experience would phenomenal for not just for The Show, but most sports games across the board.

I have no idea what this would entail from a development perspective. Keeping in mind that you'd have to create this experience for every ballpark in the game and seeing the limited number of camera angles currently available, I'm guessing it would take more work than I imagine.
Thank you for positive response (unlike the comedians above). If they can't see how this would be a nice feature in the game, oh well.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
This has been mentioned in this forum before, but yeah, a "choose your seat" or "choose your section" type of experience would phenomenal for not just for The Show, but most sports games across the board.

I have no idea what this would entail from a development perspective. Keeping in mind that you'd have to create this experience for every ballpark in the game and seeing the limited number of camera angles currently available, I'm guessing it would take more work than I imagine.
The stadiums are completely mapped out and have the most intricate details right or wrong on them already. I remember the videos before last year when they talked about the walls and down the hallways and if I remember right, they showed a room you can't even access. That being said, basically they would just have to add a camera spot to the stadium in certain places around the stadium. That shouldn't be too much work.

Personally, I would never use it aside from maybe trying it out to see what it was like but I don't think it would be that hard to do

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Thank you for positive response (unlike the comedians above). If they can't see how this would be a nice feature in the game, oh well.
Nothing "comedic" about the responses you don't like. This game is released every year full of bugs. SEVEN patches. It doesn't matter that the game is playing well after the SEVEN patches. The game is full of stuff that, in all likelihood, causes other problems in the game.

My personal opinion is that SDS studio needs to shut down any new stuff until they figure out how to release a game that should be fairly bug free. It's past that time. Nothing "comedic" about that at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #12
Rookie

Not like you can just, you know, go to a real baseball game and be a fan or anything.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

...I think that this would be a cool option for people that want to "be a fan" at ANY ballpark and not have to fork out the ridiculous money needed to attend a ball game.

As far as the people that complain about the number of patches that have come out to fix this game (or ANY game for that matter), I have just gotten around this issue by simply not purchasing or playing a game until half way through it's cycle. That way when I choose to play the game, it REALLY is ready to be played. It just no longer made sense to me to pay money for a product that requires me to be a "beta tester" for the first 4 to 6 months before I would be able to enjoy the game...

I know that you will miss out on the "dangling carrots" of the pre order process, but I don't think that what you get for a pre order is worth the headaches of the bugs that come with the annual yearly "deadline games..."

Just my opinion and suggestion...

Last edited by yount19; 06-16-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: mistakes
Old 06-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Not like you can just, you know, go to a real baseball game and be a fan or anything.
I'm a baseball fan, I go to plenty of games, at least a dozen a year not including minor leagues. In the past three years I've been to every stadium on the West Coast, as well as Texas and Arizona. In fact I was at the Yankees/Angels game just the other night, it was amazing.

I also happen to live in LA. So if I want to see what the view is like from the first base line at Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park, y'know, it's kinda tough to do. Not to mention to extremely cost prohibitive.

Hope you can understand this.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
There is no doubt what you are talking about would be a cool feature but, there are a lot of other things in the game that needs attention. Rainbow throws from the catcher, passed balls, franchise depth, online issues etc. In my opinion this is one of the best games they have produced but the fact is, gameplay is still the selling factor.

Everyone has a different opinion of the game and this years version has been even more diverse than the others. Some love it, some hate it, some have went back to 16 and others are straddling the fence. I had the game playing good out of the box by adjusting sliders and settings to compensate. I once again have it playing good again after the patches by re-adjusting the sliders again.

As far as any comedic comments made........some people have a sense of humor and then there are sticks in the mud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree about first making sure other things already in the game work right before moving on to something like this. but intstead of being a fan, of which there are literally thousands at each game, I'd rather be something unique and one of a kind. Like maybe the ball. You leave the pitchers hand and while the ball does spin, you keep the same view all the way to the catchers mitt or the hitters bat, at which point if you get hit you're quickly headed in a new direction. I'd buy that for a dollar (or more lol) see the ball, be the ball

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »