Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Hr's down after patch

I only play offline and agree the power seemed to be toned down after the patch. I didnt hit 600 ft shots either w/ the out of the box game, but the ball seemed to have more jump to it. Now it seems to lose that jump once it leaves the infield.

But my problem was just getting the ball out of the infield. FWIW I tried switching camera's and I'm doing better with MLB the show 15 camera. Seems like I get a better look at the pitch then the offset zoom I was using.

I still get balls dying on me so I'll try the simple sliders suggested here : Solid hits +1 and power +1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #26
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I really hope there's some validity to this. My biggest gripe this year has been the crazy amount of home runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I really hope there's some validity to this. My biggest gripe this year has been the crazy amount of home runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
My buddy and I must be terrible hitters or at least terrible power hitters. We played a year and a half of franchise and are back to square one of still trying to create a slider set before we start a new franchise over. We continue to get sets that produce good swing and miss rates, good hit totals, good xbh totals, good walk totals, everything is where we want it except we cannot hit any HRs nor are we giving any up.

I feel like I am going crazy because all I've read on these forums is the insane amount of HRs the user and CPU can hit this year, but so far every field is playing like the Polo Grounds for us. I played 2 games yesterday with the set we're tweaking right now and both games each team had between 9-14 hits, yet I hit the only HR with Ian Desmond. There were two triples, 5 or doubles hit, and the rest were singles. Once I tweak up solid hits too much, then it feels like everything you swing at gets good wood on it constantly and it just turns into line drive city. Right now I am toying with a very low solid hits set with slightly raised power and it's producing the hit variety I want, but everything is making it to the warning track that has a shot of being a HR and then getting caught. One more bump in power may finally do the trick. I hope at least.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

As far as RTTS home runs have not gone down with my player. Hitting about 2-3 Homeruns a game before and after patch. Dimond Dynasty is another story. I have a 88 average team and barely get 2 - 3 hits a game. No matter what setting I put hitting on I can't get a hit to save my life.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #29
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I think they tweaked it back up some. A sample size of 5 games 6/20 evening online there was more pop to batting again. Normal x swings the ball was being ripped. Was hitting homeuns with left handed hitters vs left handed pitching opposiite way, and towards rf with pitches I had no business getting homeruns.

Is it like 2k where the developers can adjust on the fly some of the settings without a patch. It definitely was improved this evening compared to yesterday.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #30
Rookie

Pretty much every other thread over at theshownation has been a complaint about how the latest patch completely ruined the game because of the hitting changed so drastically.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:56 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

For those talking about the HR numbers, it is important to note that IRL, this past weekend set a new record for the most HRs in MLB history. HR numbers are skyrocketing the past two years and actually increasing week after week this season. I'd like to think the default slider settings should reflect a high level of HRs and players who don't care for that style should be able to lower sliders accordingly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 03:54 AM   #32
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Meh, I've really had no problem . I'm in April of 2018 and my traded for player Jung ho kang has 13 HR in 18 games. We also lead the league in homers...im using A&S sliders

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »