Home

Bottom of the 9th, Runner at 3rd, 1 out, Down 1, 3-2 Count, Hanging Slider and ------

This is a discussion on Bottom of the 9th, Runner at 3rd, 1 out, Down 1, 3-2 Count, Hanging Slider and ------ within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Bottom of the 9th, Runner at 3rd, 1 out, Down 1, 3-2 Count, Hanging Slider and ------

IMG_4080.JPGIMG_4081.JPG

Yes, that ball went through my bat and I struck out. Next batter hit a mid ranged fly ball and I lost the game. The only reason I went back to check the replay is because the slider was right down the pipe, I waited on it, and thought I would have barreled it up for a double or homer... Alas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

Re: Bottom of the 9th, Runner at 3rd, 1 out, Down 1, 3-2 Count, Hanging Slider and --

this happened in previous versions of the game as well, and people said the replay doesn't always show exactly how it went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukGQlPrpbY

this is from the show 15.

Last edited by Syce; 06-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
Rookie

gp005's Arena

Re: Bottom of the 9th, Runner at 3rd, 1 out, Down 1, 3-2 Count, Hanging Slider and --

this gets me every time.... total bs in my opinion
Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

That's because the game isn't using physics and what not. It's using RNG with modifiers to determine hits. Part of that is the fact that you have a PCI that can cover the whole plate (sometimes) and a bat that is, well, a bat. And it's always easier to swing a bat and hit it using hand eye coordination than it is to move an indicator on a screen with no 3D plane. Usually I'm on them for no real physics, but this one makes sense.

- Rick Wise
Old 06-22-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
That's because the game isn't using physics and what not. It's using RNG with modifiers to determine hits. Part of that is the fact that you have a PCI that can cover the whole plate (sometimes) and a bat that is, well, a bat. And it's always easier to swing a bat and hit it using hand eye coordination than it is to move an indicator on a screen with no 3D plane. Usually I'm on them for no real physics, but this one makes sense.

Ah I guess that makes sense... I play this game a lot and also read these boards (mostly during the leadup to release) and the whole backlash of the patches influencing hitting must be in my head because I've never seen this before haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp005
this gets me every time.... total bs in my opinion
100% agree
Old 06-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

This is right up there with the floor making a player fumble the ball when he dives untouched on Madden.

Controller ------> TV screen
Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
This is right up there with the floor making a player fumble the ball when he dives untouched on Madden.

Controller ------> TV screen
The floor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »