Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

These patches are killing me, I've played a few games since patch 10 dropped. I go from leading the league in average to having two or three hit games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Man I had a game recently I lost 12-0 and started the game like this:

HR - HR - 1B - HR

I get amazing variation pitching on HoF (classic)

Yes same here.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #75
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I haven't been able to hit since 1.09 on default zone all star. I'm averaging less than 7 hits a game on MLB 17 but have been lucky to get 3 hits a game since 1.10.

My team is last in average at .230 after 120 games but we are 70-50 and lead in HRs. I feel like I'm copping out but I switched to directional last game and had fun getting 9 hits but 5 were big flys 3 with Rizzo.

My 15 game division lead has been cut to 2. Not sure if I should go permanent to directional or suck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #76
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I haven't been able to hit since 1.09 on default zone all star. I'm averaging less than 7 hits a game on MLB 17 but have been lucky to get 3 hits a game since 1.10.

My team is last in average at .230 after 120 games but we are 70-50 and lead in HRs. I feel like I'm copping out but I switched to directional last game and had fun getting 9 hits but 5 were big flys 3 with Rizzo.

My 15 game division lead has been cut to 2. Not sure if I should go permanent to directional or suck it up.

I would just bump up the Solid Hits slider. Directional is fun for awhile, but it gets really frustrating when you perfectly time that fastball right down broadway and still somehow miss it completely.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-21-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #77
Rookie

Personnally, I'm done. I loved playing this game at the beginning. Hitting was great (with Mike Lowe's sliders) and every match was different.

But since, at least, the last two patches, hitting has become crap. You throw a fastball, a changeup right in the middle of the strikezone, the CPU will punish you with at least, a base hit. Now, the CPU throw the same ball against me with a really good hitter (good contact, great vision and power) and a good swing, 95% of the time, it will end with a lazy flyball, a poor groundball right to the infielder, etc.

The CPU has just no problem to hit the ball compare to the player. Every good swing by the CPU will be a base hit, even if the ball is way outside of the zone.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #78
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I would just bump up the Solid Hits slider. Directional is fun for awhile, but it gets really frustrating when you perfectly time that fastball right down broadway and still somehow miss it completely.

Actually, I wish I missed more balls. I'd prefer missing a well time ball over lazy flys and grounders right at basemen on every hit. I'm actually driving the ball into the gap on direction which wasn't happening on zone.

2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 07-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Everyone that is having issues hitting post patch are you using directional? I use zone and have zero issues. I play on Hall of Fame and scored 9 and 13 runs the last two games and hit 6 HRs with great hit variety. I even have bumped the solid hit down from 5 to 4. I consider myself an average player. Just was wondering if the difference was maybe between the hitting modes since directional is based more on player ratings as I understand it.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #80
Rookie

gp005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Actually, I wish I missed more balls. I'd prefer missing a well time ball over lazy flys and grounders right at basemen on every hit. I'm actually driving the ball into the gap on direction which wasn't happening on zone.

i noticed with this game that you have to change your approach... i know it sounds cliche but it actaully works for me

the CPU pitches the same way to you if your not getting success, i take alot of pitches which help create walks, which also gives me better pitches to hit as the game goes on ( doesnt work all the time, its baseball so its not suppose too)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »