Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #33
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

Went yard with Dahl, Desmond, and Amarista my last game while the Pads went yard once as well.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #34
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Thanks. Might give that a try. I'm currently at 6 for power and solid hits. All star directional using warmwinds hitting tips which have made this game much better for me. Did you adjust the CPU hitting at all?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

No, I leave the CPU hitting at all 5 because I pitch on HOF and I do make mistakes over the middle and give up some HRs, usually at least one per game. You could definitely try bumping up the CPU Power if you pitch on All Star tho, or if you're just really good at HOF or higher and you're consistently shutting the CPU down.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-01-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #35
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Went yard with Dahl, Desmond, and Amarista my last game while the Pads went yard once as well.
Was that with your contact/power/timing/solid hits 6/6/4/6 slider set up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #36

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm having zero issues since the patch, two games ago I hung 14 runs on Texas and hit 4 HR's including one with Ben Gamel of all people. Took a fastball down and hit a rocket to dead center with Nelson Cruz. In my current month, over a 12 game sample, I'm averaging right around 1.60 HR's per game.

Now the CPU on the other hand has struggled to hit any. In that same sample size they are hitting them at a 0.89 per game clip. Having said that the CPU has had this issue my entire season, through 145 games played, with an overall average of 1.06 per game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2017, 01:29 AM   #37
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

what hitting interface do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I'm having zero issues since the patch, two games ago I hung 14 runs on Texas and hit 4 HR's including one with Ben Gamel of all people. Took a fastball down and hit a rocket to dead center with Nelson Cruz. In my current month, over a 12 game sample, I'm averaging right around 1.60 HR's per game.

Now the CPU on the other hand has struggled to hit any. In that same sample size they are hitting them at a 0.89 per game clip. Having said that the CPU has had this issue my entire season, through 145 games played, with an overall average of 1.06 per game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #38
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Also what difficulty? Some of it comes down to difficulty settings, hitting interface...and even skill. If you're really good at hitting then you won't chase as many pitches, which will force the CPU to challenge you in the zone more which will definitely lead to more potential HR.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best hitter, but up until the last couple patches, I was having no problem hitting bombs on default All Star with all the hitting sliders at 5. Now that I've upped the power a couple notches, it feels about the same as before so I'm just thankful we have the sliders to tweak for offline play at least, or I would be pretty frustrated at this point.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-02-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Hitting has undoubtedly been nerfed. I'm fine with SCEA making adjustments to the game but at least tell us what they did in the patch notes instead of just saying, "various updates."

My biggest complaint was the excessive power, I was on pace to shatter all sorts of home runs but now I barely hit any. It's seriously one extreme to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #40
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

What I've found with hitting is that a -1 from the norm (5) can produce huge changes.

I tinkered with dropping hitting for myself and CPU pre-1.09 and finally settled on having all hitting default except solid hits (4). It worked awesome. I was able to get great variety on AS hitting and the CPU did as well as I pitched on HOF.

Then the patch hit and there was a drastic difference.

Now I'm on all hitting as 5's for me and the CPU and everything is beautiful.

I'll have games I get nothing and others I crank out 4-5 HR. I have an awesome fantasy draft team with plenty pop and I'm #1 in the league in HR.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »