Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

To those struggling since Patch 1.09 , I may be crazy but I was using the same sliders I had used all season which were perfect for me until the patch. Then it took a week to see that suddenly I couldn't hit a ball deeper than a medium fly out to center field, I thought they broke hitting till I finally made a new slider file with the same sliders and everything went back to normal. Maybe the patch effected some people's files and not others some how ??? I know that sounds crazy but could explain why some have had problems and others see no problems ?????
Old 07-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm having a lot of games where I get anywhere from 6-9 hits but maybe get two runs across.

Most of my runs come off of solo homers.

Too small of a sample size for me right now, but I rarely get to bat with runners in scoring position, but when I do I am dreadful. As of now I would say the problem is with me not the game though.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #51
Rookie

I was getting singles with a few doubles mixed In but no power at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #52
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

after playing again I see its not the game its me. I just need to be more patience. I thought about using sliders but idk. I know armor and tnk has great sliders for this game. I just don't know if I need that yet. playing on the dynamic difficulty really does exploit how sucky I am at hitting and how awesome I am on pitching lol.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #53
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

The feel of hitting has changed for me since patch 1.08 and 1.09. At release, hitting felt new, fresh, and different. The timing of my swing and the net result of my timing felt synced and connected. Now hitting for me feels the same as 16 and 15. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I was really enjoying a new feel. It was much more rewarding for me. Now it feels stale and disconnected. I'm happy others are finding it better then ever but I'm not feeling it. I wish they would lay out what they exactly tweaked with hitting with the release of patch 1.09. If we had a definitive answer we could all adjust sliders to our liking in a more educated fashion rather the. Just guessing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 07-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was having the power problems until I ran into the Angels and Padres pitching staff awful H9 attributes, And now I can get 8-12 hits against most pitchers except the aces. I think I did not give the patch enough time. By that I mean I did not let my game evolve into the patch. With patience you can be a very good power hitter. HOF default sliders, zone hitting,classic pitching. But if the power
continue to be an issue add 1 to power and solid hit. And when your power return go back to normal immediately.

Last edited by Thomas7; 07-04-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #55
Pro

shark547's Arena

Just played what may be the most ridiculous game I have ever been in....
23 innings....21 hits....one double....in Cincy....which I picked so i could hit some homers....lol

Something is very inconsistent with the hitting. I played two games in Boston before it and everything was fine. I don't really get what the deal is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #56
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Just played what may be the most ridiculous game I have ever been in....
23 innings....21 hits....one double....in Cincy....which I picked so i could hit some homers....lol

Something is very inconsistent with the hitting. I played two games in Boston before it and everything was fine. I don't really get what the deal is.
If you played 2 games before and everything was fine how is that not just baseball being baseball? 1 bad game and something is wrong?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »